Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope: 'Who am I to judge' gay people?

Featured Replies

Pope Francis on Monday said who am I to judge? gay people as he discussed one of the most divisive issues affecting the Catholic Church.

Pope Francis, who gave a press conference on his flight back from Brazil, said he had stayed away from the gay marriage debate on his trip because he wanted to stay positive.

I have yet to find anyone who has a business card that says he is gay, the pontiff said at a press conference in which he addressed the reports of a "gay lobby" within the Vatican.

They say they exist. If someone is gay, who searches for the Lord and has goodwill, who am I to judge? he added. "The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very well. It says they should not be marginalized because of this (orientation) but that they must be integrated into society."

Francis added that he thought lobbies of any kind -- including political ones -- were bad.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/29/19751976-pope-who-am-i-to-judge-gay-people?cid=social10231474&lite

Francis, I love you!!!

For some reason I'm very suspicious of this. I'm not sure we've heard the entire story. I bet people jumped on a statement without hearing the entire context. Later in the day a church spokesperson said that no policies toward gay people were changing. hmmm

  • Active Members

You can't turn back the clock. Let him try to walk back from this and his credibility is shot. As for me, I don't think he will. He'd better watch out for assassins though. Think John-Paul I.

  • Active Members

There is no doubt this is a different Pope. He feels no alliance to the power structure in the Vatican. He eschews the trappings of the Papacy and wants to be among the people rather then the politicians of the Vatican.

I see many more statements coming from this Pope that the Vatican will try to walk back.

I have a feeling they may have met their match?

Thank Goodness!!!

  • 5 months later...

Malta’s Bishop Charles Scicluna says that when he went to Pope Francis with concerns about a proposed law that would allow same-sex couples to adopt, the Pontiff told him to speak out against it. So while it might not be up to Pope Francis to judge people, he’s perfectly fine working against their happiness here on earth. How’s that Person of the Year award looking now, The Advocate?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.