Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thai Language Callan Language Opens today in Pattaya

Featured Replies

Here the address for Pattaya Branch :

 

Callan Method English Language Centre Co.,Ltd.

Branch No.1 194/74-75 Soi Paniad Chang, Moo 9

Center Pattaya Road, Tambol Nongprue,

Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi 20260

Tel: 0-3841-0524-6 Fax: 0-3841-0528

 

E-mail: info@callan.co.th, info@thaiwalen.com

Website: http://www.callan.co.th , http://www.thaiwalen.com

May I ask, why you would think this Thai language School is any better than any other one.

 

I would love to learn Thai, but unless its made interesting, I like others before me, would get bored very easily.

May I ask, why you would think this Thai language School is any better than any other one.

 

I'm a little interested in the answer to that question too. I've never heard of this particular language school. What sets it apart from others?

There is a school that uses the Callan method in my condo building on Rama 3 Road in Bangkok. Firstly, I am sure they only teach English. Secondly, most of their students here seem to be Korean with a smattering of Thais. I know a Callan teacher and the main characteristic of their method appears to be constant reading of English sentances over and over again until the student learns it by rote. All the teacher does is correct the pronounciation. To "teach" this method, a knowledge of the student's language is not required...only English is spoken in the class room..even for beginners. Pictures and diagrams seem to be the way of communicating a meaning. It sounds almost crazy, but it does work as I see Koreans and Thais paying for repeat lessons.

The Thaiwalen school for learning Thai has been around for a while. I guess the Callen school for learning English is new to Pattaya. I sent my bf to A.U.A. in Pattaya with good results.

The Thaiwalen school for learning Thai has been around for a while. I guess the Callen school for learning English is new to Pattaya. I sent my bf to A.U.A. in Pattaya with good results.

 

All of my boys go to AUA and I like it. It is more written and reading than it is speaking but it is good.

 

I have found a good husband and wife team that teach the boys privately on top of AUA. This helps them with the school work but also a lot of spoken English. I find the combination of AUA with private tutors has really paid off well. I am amazed at how much the guys have improved in just 5 weeks. AUA ends this week and it is time for testing next week. So, if anyone has a boy out there and they want them to study English, they must pass a placement test to get into AUA and that is coming up next week.

 

I posted about the Callan as I was told it was a good way for a foreigner to learn Thai AND they are able to get the 1 year ED visa. I do not know anyone who has been to the school and had success with it. I would love to hear some stories. But, I see they heavily advertise on ThaiVisa.

All of my boys go to AUA and I like it. It is more written and reading than it is speaking but it is good.

 

I have found a good husband and wife team that teach the boys privately on top of AUA. This helps them with the school work but also a lot of spoken English. I find the combination of AUA with private tutors has really paid off well. I am amazed at how much the guys have improved in just 5 weeks. AUA ends this week and it is time for testing next week. So, if anyone has a boy out there and they want them to study English, they must pass a placement test to get into AUA and that is coming up next week.

 

I posted about the Callan as I was told it was a good way for a foreigner to learn Thai AND they are able to get the 1 year ED visa. I do not know anyone who has been to the school and had success with it. I would love to hear some stories. But, I see they heavily advertise on ThaiVisa.

 

 

I would be interested to to hear of anyone with personal expierice with this school here in Pattaya too! I assume the cost of the one year tuition is plus the cost of the visa? DO you not have to return to your home country to get the Ed visa?

I would be interested to to hear of anyone with personal expierice with this school here in Pattaya too! I assume the cost of the one year tuition is plus the cost of the visa? DO you not have to return to your home country to get the Ed visa?

 

Yes, the tuition does not include the Visa fees. Totally separate.

 

I was told you did not have to return to your own country to get the visa.

There's one way to find out. Go to Immigration and ask.

 

There are 2 possibilities to obtain a so called ED-visa (in the case of these kind of educational insititutes):

- from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country

- from the Thai Embassy/Consulate in for example Laos or Penang.

 

In my experience it is not possible to obtain an ED-visa IN Thailand, neither it's possible to change a tourist visa into an ED-visa. Beware: ED-visas obtained for these kind of studies can't be compared with an ED-visa which can be obtained for children studying at a regular international, private or Thai school!!!!

 

An ED-visa is sumitted for 3 months to start with and can be extended every 90 days. In OUR case, this can be done (or better: must be done) at the Immigration in Jomtien. Every extention will cost you THB 1,900 and for every extention you need documents from the school + a letter from the Ministry of Education.

Every year you have to apply for a NEW ED-visa and this can be done up to 5 years.

 

How do I know? Uhm........I happen to be consultant at WorldWide TEFL - Pattaya, another Thai course provider. Our courses also allow people to apply for an ED-visa.

http://www.8host.org

info@worldwidetefl.com

 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.