Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Not sure why I read sports blogs

Featured Replies

  • Active Members

Actually, I don't very much. But, today, catching up on the NBA trading rumors, I read one which mentioned how they all were waiting with baited breath. I suppose sports talkers can have minnows or worms in their mouths in order to bait their breath. Most of us hold our breath when it is bated.

It is a relatively slow time for sports. Football is around the corner, basketball is over for 3 more months, tennis is between Wimbledon and the US Open, the major golf tournaments either have already been played or are in the future. The baseball All Star game is next week. Baseball has had some moments but the "pennant race" is yet to commence, so a little slow. Soccer is something to keep you from drinking too much beer at your local sports bar. ^_^

Ah, well, as always, things will change and soon.

Best regards,

RA1

Actually, I don't very much. But, today, catching up on the NBA trading rumors, I read one which mentioned how they all were waiting with baited breath. I suppose sports talkers can have minnows or worms in their mouths in order to bait their breath. Most of us hold our breath when it is bated.

It is a relatively slow time for sports. Football is around the corner, basketball is over for 3 more months, tennis is between Wimbledon and the US Open, the major golf tournaments either have already been played or are in the future. The baseball All Star game is next week. Baseball has had some moments but the "pennant race" is yet to commence, so a little slow. Soccer is something to keep you from drinking too much beer at your local sports bar. :smile:

Ah, well, as always, things will change and soon.

Best regards,

RA1

Well, at this stage of the game, it's an arrow in one's quiver, when the ball is in someone else's court.

Try not to get behind the eight-ball as there will be plenty of blow-by-blow action coming up soon, which should cover and cure all the bases of your current boredom.

  • Active Members

I read one which mentioned how they all were waiting with baited breath. I suppose sports talkers can have minnows or worms in their mouths in order to bait their breath.

gallery1988-memes-14-startrek-facepalm.j

Erm...I think the blogger meant bated breath, RA1.

  • Active Members

Bite your tongue.

Today's match between th Oranje and Messi's Rangers should be a goodie. And followed last night's record-setting whitewash between Germany and Brasil was the best example of a Blitzkrieg since Hitler went marching through Europe.

Erm...I think the blogger meant bated breath, RA1.

You really think?!

Actually, I don't very much. But, today, catching up on the NBA trading rumors, I read one which mentioned how they all were waiting with baited breath. I suppose sports talkers can have minnows or worms in their mouths in order to bait their breath. Most of us hold our breath when it is bated.

  • Active Members
Most of us hold our breath when it is bated.

glasses_1.jpg

Well, when you put it that way, I have little choice but to concede the point.

My apologies, RA1.

  • Author
  • Active Members

Never mind MsGuy. All of us miss words here and there. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.