Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thanksgiving

Featured Replies

Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 27. Pattaya will have several choices for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. My personal preference is the Amor Restaurant. That's where I go every year and I intend to be there this year too. The dinner is served "family style" with waiters bringing around trays filled with each of the selections. You can have as much as you want as many times as you want.

 

If anyone wishes to join me and my group, we will be delighted to have you. Just send me an Email at gaybutton@gmail.com and I'll be happy to add you to my reservation.

 

 

950+ seems steep for turkey dinner.

  • Author
950+ seems steep for turkey dinner.

 

Most Thanksgiving dinners you'll find in Pattaya restaurants are hundreds of baht more expensive. This one is one of the least expensive and, in my opinion, one of the best.

I will just stay home and cook my own for less than that and hav leftover besides..

 

Holiday meals (farang) in another country always tend to be higher in price as most items are imported. Even at that the ambiance alone can be worth the extra price. But above that no matter what anyone does there will always be some that cannot be pleased or will have a negative comment.

  • 5 weeks later...

Nothing against the kind offer of Gaybutton's invitation to join him for Thanksgiving dinner, but here is some information you might use, if want to make your own reservation for your group.

 

Amor Restaurant. Thanksgiving Dinner, November 27. It is all you can eat, Family Style Service. Full details at this link http://www.amorrestaurant.com/thanksgiving.html . There are two sittings 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. at Baht 950 + per person. Reservations Recommended: Tel: 0 38 710-680 or 081-945-5396, Email: richard@amorrestaurant.com. Amor is located on the short soi connecting Pattayaland Soi 2 and 3.

 

You probably have heard that the White Knight Restaurant will also have an American-style Thanksgiving dinner. Here is some information you might find informative.

 

White Knight Restaurant (a popular buffet style restaurant) will be offering a family style Thanksgiving dinner for 590 baht starting at 7:30 with a welcome drink followed by dinner at 8pm. White Knight is located on Soi VC near Sunee plaza. Telephone Mike at 089 402 8741 for any further information and to make a reservation.

I will just stay home and cook my own for less than that and hav leftover besides..

 

That is exactly what I will do! But not a turkey, a hot dog and a can of beans.

 

I was not invited anywhere for a T-Day dinner and no one would accept my invitation. So I will stay home alone, feel sorry for myself, drink myself silly, and cry myself to sleep.

 

Oh, that I were in Thailand to celebrate with you lucky farang and my Thai bf.

  • Author
I was not invited anywhere for a T-Day dinner and no one would accept my invitation. So I will stay home alone, feel sorry for myself, drink myself silly, and cry myself to sleep.

 

I'm sorry to hear that, Laurence. While the holidays bring great joy to many, they also bring terrible depression to many. I hope you're joking, but in case you're not you at least have returning to Thailand to look forward to.

Well, I was not at all joking about being home alone on T-Day. But I am still putting out feelers to some friends!!! Also will invite some friends for an After-T-Day dinner on Sat but without the turkey. Sure would be happy to pay 950 Baht for a dinner at Amor or White Night with friendly farang and friendly Thais.

 

Will other ex-pats in Thailand, other than Americans, celebrate Thanksgiving Day? Like Brits, Kiwis, Aussies, and any others?

 

Oh, my new avatar is Saint Laurence. He supposedly died, a martyr, by being grilled over an open fire.

Thus also the patron saint of cooks! I must ask his intercession for my after T-Day dinner.

  • Author
Well, I was not at all joking about being home alone on T-Day.

 

Here's a suggestion, under the circumstances: Many homeless shelters, church groups, and other community organizations put on Thanksgiving dinners. Why not consider volunteering your services that day rather than sitting home alone and feeling depressed? That way you not only get a Thanksgiving dinner, but you also get the satisfaction of knowing you were able to help those less fortunate. Something to think about, anyway.

Will other ex-pats in Thailand, other than Americans, celebrate Thanksgiving Day? Like Brits, Kiwis, Aussies, and any others?

 

I think America and Canada are the only countries I know of that celebrate Thanksgiving as a national holiday. Canada celebrates Thanksgiving on the second Monday of October. Many countries have a Thanksgiving celebration according to their own culture and customs. Check this website: http://www.thanksgiving-day.org/celebration-australia.html

 

Here's a suggestion, under the circumstances: Many homeless shelters, church groups, and other community organizations put on Thanksgiving dinners. Why not consider volunteering your services that day rather than sitting home alone and feeling depressed? That way you not only get a Thanksgiving dinner, but you also get the satisfaction of knowing you were able to help those less fortunate. Something to think about, anyway.

 

What an excellent suggestion. The shelters often need the help. I should think you would feel good about yourself, if you are able to give back to the community and less fortunate.

 

Actually Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I am happy to be home for it. i find the Christmas holidays to commerical and not at all a family time any longer. I love being in Bkk at the Landmark for dinner and walking th sois with my friends.

Actually Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I am happy to be home for it. i find the Christmas holidays to commerical and not at all a family time any longer. I love being in Bkk at the Landmark for dinner and walking th sois with my friends.

 

Since the emphasis is on food, I do like the Thanksgiving holiday, very much.

  • 2 weeks later...

I also prefer Thanksgiving to any other holiday. It's not commercial at all, just a time for family and/or friends to get together for a good meal and to be thankful we have what we have. I am looking forward to cooking for some friends, and thankful I have friends and especially a great boy friend. This will his first time to experience Thanksgiving, so I am pulling out all the stops.

I also prefer Thanksgiving to any other holiday. It's not commercial at all, just a time for family and/or friends to get together for a good meal and to be thankful we have what we have. I am looking forward to cooking for some friends, and thankful I have friends and especially a great boy friend. This will his first time to experience Thanksgiving, so I am pulling out all the stops.

 

I love to have over friends and cook Thanksgiving dinner too and have found out that many Thais do not really like turkey. I have no idea why since they eat rats and bugs.

 

Unfortunately this Thanksgiving I will be celebrating at Bumrungrad hospital as they attempt to fix the heart stents that Bangkok Hospital Pattaya inserted which were too small.

 

Does anywhere deliver Thanksgiving dinner??

GB Would enjoy spending another Thanksgiving with you, but will be spending this holiday in my new home in Ubon. Going to spend Chrsitmas here also, and have the boyfriends family to celebrate the American Holiday Christmas.

 

Wish you and your gang well...and have a great dinner at Amor.

Unfortunately this Thanksgiving I will be celebrating at Bumrungrad hospital as they attempt to fix the heart stents that Bangkok Hospital Pattaya inserted which were too small.

 

Does anywhere deliver Thanksgiving dinner??

 

Sorry to hear about your upcoming hospital stay. Perhaps, our Bangkok residents can help with a turkey to go.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.