Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

‘I got a scheme!’ – the moment Saul Bellow found his voice

Featured Replies

'I got a scheme!' the moment Saul Bellow found his voice

Ten years after his death, Bellow is still considered the greatest US prose stylist of the 20th century. His biographer Zachary Leader explores how he transformed fiction, and looks at the day in Paris that changed the course of his career

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/apr/17/i-got-a-scheme-the-moment-saul-bellow-found-his-voice

  • Active Members

Thank you, that was a fun read.

I think I'm going to check out some Bellow from the library and see if I can find any of the stuff the essay goes on about.

Probably not but still I might enjoy it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.