Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any Issues with Thai's on a Transit Visa to Amsterdam

Featured Replies

The boyfriend and I are going on a holiday next month and the best route to travel in through Amsterdam. Will he have any problems with a Thai passport? I want this experience to be amazing for him.

 

 

He will need a visa for Europe. A Shengen Visa covers about 13 countries, I think.

He will need a visa for Europe. A Shengen Visa covers about 13 countries, I think.

 

Is this really needed just for the airport? We would fly from Bangkok to Amsterdam to Sao Paulo. In Amsterdam the layover is about 4 hours.

He won't need a Shengen visa if he is only going to be in transit in Amsterdam airport. I mistakenly thought you were going to travel in Europe.

He won't need a Shengen visa if he is only going to be in transit in Amsterdam airport. I mistakenly thought you were going to travel in Europe.

 

I would agree - although I haven't transited in Europe, I have done so in several other countries. Transit passengers are usually directed to a transit area (usually where all the duty free shops are located) to await their connecting flight - no immigration or customs clearance if in transit.

 

Just checked, nice to know that a Thai citizen is not required to have a visa to enter Brazil.

I would agree - although I haven't transited in Europe, I have done so in several other countries. Transit passengers are usually directed to a transit area (usually where all the duty free shops are located) to await their connecting flight - no immigration or customs clearance if in transit.

 

It is upsetting that the USA won't allow this practice. To transit through one of the US airports, you must first clear US customs and immigration, before going on to your next flight. Therefore, if you have no US visa, you can't transit through the US. Wanted to take my bf to Mexico, but flights go through LAX, and no can do.

 

Hope you have a great trip to Brazil. Guess I will have to consider that in the future. We are going to Vietnam in January, and I am the one that has to get a visa!!

We are going to Vietnam in January, and I am the one that has to get a visa!!

 

 

Where in Vietnam are you going? First trip there? We were in Hanoi, Halong Bay and Hue in April and had a great time.

For a boy to go to Brazil, they get a 90 day on arrival visa for Thai's. As an American, you will need a Visa in advance.

 

You do not need a Visa to transfer in the airport in Netherlands or Paris. I confirmed this with travel agent and embassy. I was also told from the travel agent that it may be easy to get the BF a Visa to Paris or Netherlands if I show that we are headed to Brazil and only staying 5 days with a prepaid hotel. They said the Netherlands Embassy was the easiest to deal with in Bangkok. I thought it would be difficult to get this Visa for a Thai. Anyone dealt with this before?

For a boy to go to Brazil, they get a 90 day on arrival visa for Thai's. As an American, you will need a Visa in advance.

 

You do not need a Visa to transfer in the airport in Netherlands or Paris. I confirmed this with travel agent and embassy. I was also told from the travel agent that it may be easy to get the BF a Visa to Paris or Netherlands if I show that we are headed to Brazil and only staying 5 days with a prepaid hotel. They said the Netherlands Embassy was the easiest to deal with in Bangkok. I thought it would be difficult to get this Visa for a Thai. Anyone dealt with this before?

 

 

A few years ago I went to Austria with my then Thai bf. The SHENGEN VISA was not difficult. He had to have a letter from his employer stating his position, salary and that he could be away for the specified time with his job guaranteed to be waiting for him. We also had to supply a airline reservation to and from, proof of medical travel insurance and hotel reservations for the time we were there. As we were planning to travel around Austria and into Germany and Italy we didn't have hotels booked for all the nights. They questioned that, but when I showed reservations for arrival and departure dates in Vienna and told them we would be traveling around, they said that would be OK. We took all the paperwork to the Austrian Embassy. They told us to return the next day for an interview. When we returned the next day there was no interview, but the passport with the Shengen Visa.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.