Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The 100 best novels written in English

Featured Replies

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Active Members

I am ashamed to say I have only read 32 of these BUT my personal interest turned to more technical books some *#* years ago. ^_^

I still read some 25 or so fiction or non-fiction books a year, as well as a big pile of technical books, articles, magazines, etc.

I used to read while riding the airlines between jobs. Now I read while waiting on my pax. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

  • Author

I am ashamed to say I have only read 32 of these

That puts you ahead of me! :smile:

The article-length review/appreciations of each book, behind the hyperlinks in that article, remind me of the ones I want to read, or re-read.

Or finish reading! Several of the major ones I started in college, and read just enough of not to look entirely stupid in seminar. :rolleyes:

  • Active Members

This is list is acceptable in its own right, but it is devoid of any authors of "color." Ralph Ellison's The Invisible Man should have been listed here as well as one by James Baldwin and Toni Morrison.

Did I see any titles by John Steinbeck? These "lists," so to speak are so subjective!!!

  • Active Members

Are not lists and books subjective by definition? Should we be reading Joseph? ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.