Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

US Foreign Policy and Thailand

Featured Replies

With Obama’s election, I have hopes of a more normal US-Thai relationship. With the militaristic Bush, Thailand reluctantly signed on to Bush’s war campaign providing some troops to the coalition and use of the air base in U-Tapao. It is reported that Thai intelligence agents have worked with the US agents in the south. Rumors has it that Thailand has hosted the CIA’s secret prisons where torture could be used. Maybe Obama’s will not be as abusive of Thailand’s hospitality and goodwill.

 

With Obama’s election, I have hopes of a more normal US-Thai relationship. With the militaristic Bush, Thailand reluctantly signed on to Bush’s war campaign providing some troops to the coalition and use of the air base in U-Tapao. It is reported that Thai intelligence agents have worked with the US agents in the south. Rumors has it that Thailand has hosted the CIA’s secret prisons where torture could be used. Maybe Obama’s will not be as abusive of Thailand’s hospitality and goodwill.

 

If that rumor is true....and it is a rumor.....then I wonder how it is an abuse of Thailands hospitality and goodwill if they have given permission at the highest levels of government. And trust me if torture is taking place on Thai soil its Thai's who are providing it....that's the point of hosting a prison like this in a country where the rules allow it or, the rule of law is lax and where life is cheap......

But you are just wildly guessing since you haven't a clue......and neither do I......

 

But you are just wildly guessing since you haven't a clue......and neither do I......

I am sure you know more than I do Topjohn! Years of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll have fried most of my brain cells.

 

If that rumor is true....and it is a rumor.....then I wonder how it is an abuse of Thailands hospitality and goodwill if they have given permission at the highest levels of government. And trust me if torture is taking place on Thai soil its Thai's who are providing it....that's the point of hosting a prison like this in a country where the rules allow it or, the rule of law is lax and where life is cheap......

An article called Allies in Torture, by Shawn W. Crispin (Asia Times Online, January 25, 2008) is an interesting read. Here is a link: http://atimes01.atimes.com/atimes/Southeas...a/JA25Ae01.html

It is an interesting read, but I am sure our friends at the "fair and balanced" network will label Mr. Crispin some sort of commie, leftist, liberal. I think there was an article in the Washington Post, as well. Have a look and then maybe we can discuss the rumor.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.