November 7, 200817 yr I saw this on an internet blog, it states: The well-known Thai-English word 'Butterfly' widely used in bar-beers for people that 'play around', was not originally imported by Westerners. It is believed that the word was in fact imported by the Japanese during their WW2 occupation. The word 'Butterfly' in Thailand derives from the name of the 15 year-old Japanese Geisha (nickanamed 'Cho-Cho' = 'Butterfly') in the opera 'Madame Butterfly' who marries an American sailor. The Japanese also imported the bar-beer/go-go bar word ‘mama-san’ meaning the ‘big boss’ (or owner of a brothel!)
November 7, 200817 yr Wouldn't you know, another farang(Lt. Pinkerton) fooling around with an Asian minor! Not much has changed in all these years.
November 8, 200817 yr Wouldn't you know, another farang(Lt. Pinkerton) fooling around with an Asian minor! Not much has changed in all these years. LOL. Too funny. I love the term butterfly but outside of Thailand people don't seem to understand the meaning. Last night at Euro, I saw two boy with butterfly wings on their whole back. I knew that was a boy after my own heart.
November 8, 200817 yr In Mexico they use mariposa (butterfly) the same way. Not to be confused with "maricon" = faggot!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.