Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pearls Before Swine

Featured Replies

Oftentimes I see, read and reply to posts wherein specific questions are asked and advice sought about Thailand. Many other forum members (on this and other forums/message boards) do their best, and sometimes their worst, to supply the requested information. And then? Never the courtesy of a thank you, a reply or follow up by the originating poster. For example, recently on another board, someone wanted to know where to buy a gold ring in Pattaya. After much advice he never followed up on his course of action, if any.

Perhaps these people just want to read their words in print and see how many fish/suckers they can gig? Or are they too lazy, too drunk or too ill-mannered to reply?

Dear Lawrence,

Funny you should have noticed this, too. I used to wonder about it, as well - especially when people pm me for urls to websites and then don't even bother to say thanks after that.

 

The funny thing is that I always try my best to thank people for info supplied (my apologies if I have forgotten to do that recently or been away when the info was posted) - and I have been accused of being old-fashioned, fussy and long-winded because of that. Perhaps it's the world changing and us simply not noticing that it's not the same place any more.

I too always try to thank everyone. However, when do you do that. In the middle of the thread or what. When people stop answering you the thread may be so far down that it is forgotten and then you re-open it with a thank you and someone else replies, etc. So now when I ask a question, I always put "Thank you all in advance."

You raise a good point KhorTose but a follow up always is good idea. Known as positive feedback. I recall once on this forum, some wit or twit wanted to know where he could buy heels, a purse and a wig in Pattaya either for himself or his ladyboy friend. Well our GB came to his rescue with the place to go and the guy never even thanked him. What ingratitude!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.