February 9, 20197 yr Disney Channel’s “Andi Mack” will air a historic episode for the channel which includes a character on its tween show “Andi Mack” saying the words, “I’m gay.” Cyrus Goodman, played by Joshua Rush, comes out to one of his best friends Jonah Beck (Asher Angel) in the episode “One in a Minyan.” When Cyrus’ grandmother dies he invites his friends to attend her shiva. Cyrus begins explaining to Jonah all of the food that’s been brought before making his announcement. “I’m gay,” Cyrus tells Jonah. Jonah responds with a smile, “Yeah? OK, cool.” This is the first time a character has spoken the words “I’m gay” on the Disney Channel. https://www.washingtonblade.com/2019/02/08/andi-mack-makes-disney-channel-history-with-first-character-to-say-im-gay/
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.