Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coyote Restaurant in Phuket

Featured Replies

The group I am with ate at Coyote Restaurant right on the beach road in Patong. The food was great and actually tasted like Mexican food. I met the chef who is from the USA and a nice guy to boot. The service was attentive and always helpful although one of the girls wanted to move in with me. LOL

 

We all had margaritas and they were excellent and tasted like the real deal. They have an outside balcony that is great to watch the street traffic and the passerby's. However, last night during dinner, there was a torrential rainfall. Sitting outside was quickly moved for those unlucky to have the good view to a table inside. I thought rainy season was over but some days the heavens still open up and drop a load on us here in Phuket.

 

I think the prices were a little on the high side and I think about 300 baht a head for the food. To be honest, I don't remember the price of the drinks as a friend picked up the tab. I had 3 Strawberry Margaritas and they were enough for this old boy to be too generous with tipping in the gay bars last night.

Have had several great meals at the Coyote. It is a nice restaruant, and about the only decent Mexican food I found in Phuket.

 

There is also a Coyote on Convent opposite Soi Silom 4, near the Swiss Lodge. It is quite good also.

 

One thing I miss in Thailand is the great Mesican food that was avaialbe in CA and in Las Vegas.

The group I am with ate at Coyote Restaurant right on the beach road in Patong. The food was great and actually tasted like Mexican food.

 

Is that a recommendation or a warning? Mexican food in Mexico, Texas, California or NY? Most Mex food I have had consists of the same; globs of beans, rice, tortillas smothered in melted cheese. Awful.

 

There is also a Coyote on Convent opposite Soi Silom 4, near the Swiss Lodge. It is quite good also.

 

Well you are entitled to your opinion.

I think it's way over priced, especially the drinks, and usually not very busy.

For lovers of spicey food give me good Thai food over Mexican any day.

Have had several great meals at the Coyote. It is a nice restaruant, and about the only decent Mexican food I found in Phuket.

There is also a Coyote on Convent opposite Soi Silom 4, near the Swiss Lodge. It is quite good also.

One thing I miss in Thailand is the great Mesican food that was avaialbe in CA and in Las Vegas.

 

I agree with Gaysacguy about Mexican food. Chiang Mai, fortunitely has two very good Mexican restaurants that I can go to when I need a Mexican fix. Sorry Gay Grampa, but you are not from the west or Southwest. Everyone in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas eats the many variations of Mexican food. It is not just globs of beans by a long shot. Ever had a chicken enchilada served with a hot spicy chocolate sauce? As good as any meal in France.

 

PS: Gay Sac Guy, I hate to admit it, but I'm from Stockton and lived there for 43 years. Kiss the boys in Faces for me.

Although from San Diego most of the Mex food I have eaten fits in the "globs" category. Now and then have something good but only 10% of the time. But that could be said of most ethnic foods not just Mex.

The Thai bf refuses to eat the stuff.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.