Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bus service Bangkok to Pattaya

Featured Replies

does any one has information where busses leave from Bangkok to Pattaya, andhow to get to the bus stations

Thank you

does any one has information where busses leave from Bangkok to Pattaya, andhow to get to the bus stations

Thank you

Are you talking from the airport? If so, see the post "Pattaya Transportation to/from BKK." From the city of BKK you can catch a government bus from Ekami, Mochit, or Southern bus stations. I find Ekami the easiest since there is an Ekami stop on the BTS.

 

No I am talking from Bangkok, i took once a bus before and it was hard to get to the bus station in Bangkok and they dropped me off somewhere on sukhumvit road, it was hard to get to Howards where I was booked

No I am talking from Bangkok, i took once a bus before and it was hard to get to the bus station in Bangkok and they dropped me off somewhere on sukhumvit road, it was hard to get to Howards where I was booked

As MonkeySee said, Ekamai is easy to get to via the sky train and it brings you to the North Pattaya Bus station. From there you can get either a baht bus or motorbike taxi to Howard's or anywhere else in Pattaya.

 

No I am talking from Bangkok, i took once a bus before and it was hard to get to the bus station in Bangkok and they dropped me off somewhere on sukhumvit road, it was hard to get to Howards where I was booked
gkok

 

Gorcum,

 

That is the price one pays when you take a bus...

Usually have to walk..take skytrain...and/or take taxi to get to the Bangkok bus stations...

then the Bangkok-Pattaya bus usually runs along Sukhumvit Road...

and you get off at South Pattaya Rd...

then must take baht bus (10 baht) to Second Road..

and walk to Soi VC and into the soi to Howards Hotel.

But you do save money doing so.

 

tj

 

The bus service from Ekami Bus Terminal is a good buy--113 baht --Bangkok to Pattaya. Once in Pattaya, you can tell a baht bus that you want Howard's Hotel on Soi VC in South Pattaya, and for 100 baht, they will take you there.

However, if money is no object, then by all means use a private taxi service from Bangkok.

Bus is such a good option now that the Highway 7 is all at least 3 lanes each way, I seldom use my vehicle anymore. It also saves the parking difficulties in Pattaya and allows for better contact with baht-bus boys. But also, I have noticed from recent bus and car journeys, that buses are quicker. I was sitting behind the driver last week and he was doing between 120 and 130 kph most of the way and always in the fast lane. The speed limit on highway 7 is 90 kmh and only 120 on the Bangna-Trad elevated portion and the Chonburi Motorway. Police have been quite active with radar speed checks on Highway 7 and I noticed several racing vehicles being pulled up. When I drive, I stick to about 95. I was only once stopped when doing 113. Now for buses, the police ignore them completely as far as speeding is concerned.

 

Another option that I would find more attractive if I was arriving by air would be to take a Budget/Avis car from the airport...a Honda Jazz is only Bht1,200/day and almost new Vios pickups are just Bht1,100/day...fuel is so cheap, it cost no more than the bus fare..for fuel. One of the Budget boys at Suvabhumi airport is cute..I wouldn't mind crawling around on my hands and knees looking for scratches with him.

 

 

Another option is to take the van from the Victory monument BTS station in Bangkok to the final stop on Pattaya Tai near Centre Condo. 150 baht.

 

If you don't have much luggage and know how to get to Howard's then this is a good option.

Another option is to take the van from the Victory monument BTS station in Bangkok to the final stop on Pattaya Tai near Centre Condo. 150 baht.

You know I have looked for this van stop on Pattaya Tai between Friendship market and third road but can not seem to locate it. Can you help?

 

MonkeySee, it's a little closer to 2nd Road. It's on the other side of the street from Tukcom and Friendship.

 

If you're at the wat on 2nd Road walk east along Pattaya Tai. Very near a sign that says Wet and Wild is a little booth where the tickets are sold. I'll take a walk and see what else is near Wet and Wild. But it's not even as far as TukCom (on the other side) from 2nd Road.

MonkeySee, it's a little closer to 2nd Road. It's on the other side of the street from Tukcom and Friendship.

 

If you're at the wat on 2nd Road walk east along Pattaya Tai. Very near a sign that says Wet and Wild is a little booth where the tickets are sold. I'll take a walk and see what else is near Wet and Wild. But it's not even as far as TukCom (on the other side) from 2nd Road.

Thanks Astrrro. For some reason I thought it was between Tukcom and 3rd road.

You know I have looked for this van stop on Pattaya Tai between Friendship market and third road but can not seem to locate it. Can you help?

 

This stop is right outside the walkway from Center Condo to 2nd Rd directly in front of the Family Mart on 2nd Rd almost directly across fom Soi Hollywood. There is a stand set up with a sign saying Bus to BKK Airport or anywhere and there are alwatys 3-4 guys sitting there selling tickets.

Yup the stand is outside a Family Mart under a Wet and Wild sign.

 

I believe by pre-arrangement it can also pick you up at another stop on Patatya Tai or at a stop on Sukhumvit.

 

For info call 08-6703-6779

Thanks guys. For 150 baht, I will give it a try. I guess it is about a two hour trip? Do you find the mini bus comfortable?

The van was comfortable enough but the driver was speeding which doesn't thrill me. If Victory Monument then check it out!

 

They also have a van to the airport but it costs double at 300 baht, perhaps since they expect more luggage.

 

Another alternative to Bangkok City is the Bell Bus. That costs double comparew to their airport run at 400 baht but you may have greater choices as to drop off locations, I've never done this.

Another alternative to Bangkok City is the Bell Bus. That costs double compared to their airport run at 400 baht but you may have greater choices as to drop off locations, I've never done this.

I have used the bell service from Pattaya to the airport many times. At 200 baht, it is a nice option and good service. I have seen the Pattaya to Bangkok option advertised but did not realize that the cost was 400 baht.

I also like the Bell Service. I only wish they would have longer hours of operation.

I also like the Bell Service. I only wish they would have longer hours of operation.

I would second that motion. Do they have a suggestion box at the office in Pattaya? Not that it would matter much. I am sure it is an economic decision.

I would second that motion. Do they have a suggestion box at the office in Pattaya? Not that it would matter much. I am sure it is an economic decision.

I think you are right about it being an economic issue. To make a suggestion I think it would only help (possibly) if a letter were sent to Bell's corporate office.

I think you are right about it being an economic issue. To make a suggestion I think it would only help (possibly) if a letter were sent to Bell's corporate office.

Next time I am in the office at the bus station, I will try to get an address of the corporate office and post it. I am not sure if it will do any good, but if several people write, it might be considered.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.