Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Honest Lady at Bell Travel Service

Featured Replies

I was at the Bell Travel Service bus station in Pattaya to check on the bus schedule. The lady at the desk was very sweet and helpful. She gladly gave me a schedule and pointed out the December 1, fare increase. I then walked next door to the public bus station to catch my bus to Bangkok. Low and behold about ten minutes later the same lady comes over and shows me the copy of my passport that I keep in my wallet, asking if this is you. I nod my head and she presents me with my wallet with my 8,000 baht inside. I was shocked. She was gone before I could say thank-you. Apparently my wallet slipped out of my pocket. Since I was about to catch my bus, I did not have the time to give her a monetary reward. I am not sure if she would be insulted with an offer of cash. What do you think? Usually cash is always accepted freely. We do not often hear about the good that many Thais do, but only the murders and robberies. Do you have a positive story to tell about Thailand?

 

. I am not sure if she would be insulted with an offer of cash. What do you think? Usually cash is always accepted freely. We do not often hear about the good that many Thais do, but only the murders and robberies. Do you have a positive story to tell about Thailand?

Yes, I think it would be a nice gesture to give her a reward for returning your wallet with the money still in it. It is always best to reward good behavior.

There are many positive stories about Thailand and Thai people, but it seems to be human nature to talk about the negative and forget the positive.

She would certainly appreciate cash, no insult will be taken.

 

btw I had previously reported on the Forum that the Bell fare from Pattaya to Bangkok City is 400 baht. Not correct. It's 350 baht.

 

The fare to the airport is 200 baht.

Everyone likes to be rewarded in some way for their honesty. May I suggest that in addition to a cash reward, something more personal, like a thank you note be given. The cash inside so if others are around she will be less embarrassed and more likely to accept.

 

It will give you more karma too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.