February 20, 200917 yr The FBI was able to track down Texas financier R. Allen Stanford in Virginia, and the guy is not under arrest or custody. Stanford committed a $8 billion fraud but is not in jail. What in the world is law enforcement doing?
February 20, 200917 yr I think it's just a matter of time before he is behind bars or confined to a luxury condo like Madoff.
February 21, 200917 yr The law enforcement people sure seem to treat the rich differently. Or am I missing something?
February 21, 200917 yr The law enforcement people sure seem to treat the rich differently. Or am I missing something? You haven't missed a thing; you hit the nail square on the head, sadly.
February 21, 200917 yr Lack of oversight by the Feds (SEC in particular) aided and abbetted these sorts of fraud and abuse. With all the unregulated hedge funds operating with no oversight, managing Trillions of dollars, I fear that there are many more Madoff and Sanford types out there.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.