July 10, 200917 yr We ended our bicycle ride in Udon Ratchatani. It was the annual candle festival. It is a world famous Thai festival where the locals parade wax candles carved wood and covered in wax around the city and to wat. The city was alive with hustle and activity. Tons of vendors and artists take part. The night before the festival you can walk around the floats to take photos and see them in the dark lit with light from the street lamps. The next day the actual parade occurs. I had a fantastic time with this and was very happy I got to spend some time at this local festival!
July 10, 200917 yr I was there two years ago, and it was one of the best times I have had in the Kingdom. I agree it's "fantastic". Everyone should go - but make sure you book hotel accommodation in the city months ahead if you don't have wheels.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.