Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More Schedule Change Problems

Featured Replies

For some years, I have wanted to spend a month 'doing' South America. FInally, towards the end of last year I had sufficient air miles in my account to get 14 of the 16 flights I need. Knowing that unless you book popular routes virtually on the day booking opens (in my case, about 350 days ahead), I spent many days working out the routes and schedules. It then took me hours with the main carrier getting seats on as many as possible. I had to compromise a bit, including one internal overnight flight which I did not want, but nothing else was available (on the day booking opened??). FInally I had my trip for October/November 2010 settled.

 

The problem which has arisen is that if you book, as suggested by almost all the airlines, up to a year ahead, you are then at the mercy of schedule changes (not a major problem I thought as none of my flights are on low cost carriers). That's become a bit of a joke, because I just got a call this morning to tell me that yet another flight has been changed - and yet again I can not take the new one as it will depart before I actually arrive in the departure city. Thankfully, the scheduled carriers must have an obligation to make sure you can connect and within minutes I was on another acceptable flight. But my carefully planned schedule is increasingly looking quite different from what I had planned. And I now have in my file several dozen sheets of paper with my flight tickets, as I am reluctant to throw out 'dead' bookings in case for any reason I have problems with the 'new' tickets (which is not unknown).

 

Have other readers had this problem?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.