July 22, 201016 yr I just wondered if there is anyone else out there with a Thai boyfriend who might be experiencing the same phenomenon as I? There is an insidious application on Facebook called FARMVILLE where by you tend and grow your own farm, planting crops, adding animals etc etc - and the game never ends, it just goes on and on! My bf is addicted, playing it on his laptop whenever he can, as does at least a dozen mutual friends. It's almost as if they are replaying their traditional roles as farmers but online! I found it amusing when a friend bought a load of real plants, came over and dug a little square patch in the garden and planted the real plants in it, just as they do in the game :-) Anyone else come across this phenomenon?
July 22, 201016 yr In my case it was me playing Farmville and Farmtown, my BF laughed at me for months - he finally started playing and seems he has taken to it like a duck to water.
July 22, 201016 yr Yes, I have experienced the same. Luckily the addiction is not permanent....it usually subsides after a few months.
July 27, 201016 yr I just wondered if there is anyone else out there with a Thai boyfriend who might be experiencing the same phenomenon as I? There is an insidious application on Facebook called FARMVILLE where by you tend and grow your own farm, planting crops, adding animals etc etc - and the game never ends, it just goes on and on! My bf is addicted, playing it on his laptop whenever he can, as does at least a dozen mutual friends. It's almost as if they are replaying their traditional roles as farmers but online! I found it amusing when a friend bought a load of real plants, came over and dug a little square patch in the garden and planted the real plants in it, just as they do in the game :-) Anyone else come across this phenomenon? OMG.......your bf is playing the Farmville game and planted some plants and trees in the garden? My Lordship is playing a game with tanks and heavy armor....................
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.