October 20, 201015 yr Hi fellas, Its been a moment since I've posted here. I'm back stateside, and have made plans to meet friends in BKK during winter break. I've been to Thailand on numerous ocassion but never during December (which as I recall is Hi Season), so my question is how different are Pattaya and Phuket during Christmastime. Are the bars and clubs still busy? How are the beaches? Hotels? If this have already been asked,my apologies. But thanks for any information you can or are willing to share. Thanks. BLK
October 20, 201015 yr Well, last year I found Pattaya to be very pleasant. Certainly the bars were not overcrowded & of course the weather was excellent. I plan to be back there at the same time this year. Also, no overcrowding in Phuket the year before as well.
October 21, 201015 yr You'll find the weather is nicer - much cooler and without much rain. The beach in Phuket is gorgeously perfect during December/January. Much nicer than it is in the middle of the year. Accommodation costs a little more and it's a good idea to book earlier than you might during the low season. Bars and clubs should be pretty busy... They are certainly busy in January.
October 21, 201015 yr You'll find the weather is nicer - much cooler and without much rain. The beach in Phuket is gorgeously perfect during December/January. Much nicer than it is in the middle of the year. Accommodation costs a little more and it's a good idea to book earlier than you might during the low season. Bars and clubs should be pretty busy... They are certainly busy in January. Patong will be crowded as I have read in the Papers there will be landing US-ships and thousends of sailors will spend their holidays there maybe a good time? <Kurt
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.