Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BONDI puts on big show to benefit TAKE CARE!! -- 6 January

Featured Replies

BONDI BEACH BAR is presenting all your star drag queens to benefit the HIV/AIDS prevention efforts of TAKE CARE!! on 6 January.... other acts include the coyote dancers from NAB and ever favorite Willie and Mandy. Come out and enjoy the show while supporting a very worthy cause. See ya there.

post-400-057879100 1293672881_thumb.jpg

Four QUEENS for Three King's Night ......... gotta see it!!!!!!

Take Care is a great group and I went to this tonight. I think I would have been better off just donating some condoms to the group.

 

We got to Bondi about 7:30 for drinks. We all sat and got drinks. It took a while to order as none of the waiters understood English. Finally, our drinks arrived. I thought they had a full menu. They did not. So, we said we would eat and come back in 45 minutes. The waiter offered to save us a table as they were going to be busy. We went around the place to find a place to reserve when the owner jumped in very rudely and nasty said that there were no reserved tables. He could have said it in a nice way but I don't think that was possible for him. Some people are just not capable of saying things in a nice and kind way. Being a southern boy, I grew up with the idea that being nice is the best way to run any business. I guess some don't share this idea. His gruff and nasty tone did not bide well for the bar. We left and had dinner and then returned.

 

Guess what? There were reserved tables there after-all. He just simply lied. If it were not for the charity event, you would not have seen me spend another baht in the place. I was also with a group and didn't want to be rude myself so we found a table and sat and drank. I ordered a Coke Light. The waiter brought over a beer. LOL That was the beginning of the end for me.

 

I am sure Take Care is a fabulous group and the Bondi does not represent them. Thank goodness for that!

 

As a gay owned and operated business, I wish the Bondi well. My only advice to them would be: You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. A simple concept.

 

The Take Care group came over and chatted about their organization and how the drinks went to pay for condoms. They do a great service to the gay community and I hope that they continue to do all the can to raise money for their endeavors!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.