Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to post a poll

Featured Replies

Today I tried to post a poll but when I hit the post button it says that YOU MUST ENTER A POST. What am I doing wrong?

Today I tried to post a poll

May I respectfully request that you consider the wording of your poll very carefully before posting it. I say this because I have seen polls on other Boards which are confusing because -

 

1. the wording is not crystal clear and leaves doubt about which answer to select, or

2. there is an overlap in the possible answers, or

3. there are not enough options in the poll list, specifically

4. there is no line for "other".

 

I have never posted any poll myself. From trying to answer them, though, I know that many who do post them do not place themselves in the mind of those reading them. If polls are perfectly clear, I believe there is a much better chance that the result will be an accurate reflection of the views of those who take part.

 

Just my thoughts.

Today I tried to post a poll but when I hit the post button it says that YOU MUST ENTER A POST. What am I doing wrong?

I think you need to write something in the post box, just like for an ordinary thread. That's required even though the poll title may contain all the explanation you ever need.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.