Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

77 Million At Risk in Sony PlayStation Hacking

Featured Replies

Sony has warned 77 million users of it PlayStation that hackers may have stolen their personal details, including credit card information, said Nick Caplin, the company's head of communications for Europe.

 

"While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility," Mr Caplin said.

 

"If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may also have been obtained" . . .

 

The theft of so much detailed customer data would be seen as a "public relations disaster", according to Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant at security firm Sophos.

 

"This is a big one," he told BBC News.

 

"The PlayStation Network is a real consumer product. It is in lots of homes all over the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13192359

Yes, I was disappointed in this. I had to change passwords to many online accounts.

 

The hacker group Anonymous threatened to attack Sony for prosecuting the hacker that posted online the jailbreak for PS3. Sony was not worried about them. Looks like they should have been.

I had to change passwords to many online accounts.

Without revealing anything, do you have a system for deciding on passwords? I used to get completely mixed up whenever I didn't access a site for a few weeks. Now I am trying to be a bit more organised, but still struggle!

Without revealing anything, do you have a system for deciding on passwords? I used to get completely mixed up whenever I didn't access a site for a few weeks. Now I am trying to be a bit more organised, but still struggle!

 

Yes, I have a system and the good thing is that the one used for Sony was one the Thai BF created so it was easy for both of us to remember. I used it with all my Thai accounts he had access to. Luckily, I did not use it for hundreds of things.

 

My worry is the CC information. We had it set up for him to charge when he wanted to download content. I am not sure how safe the CC number is now. I have not gone so far as to cancel the card but I am watching it quite a bit.

 

IMHO, Sony should have been more forthcoming with the information regarding the breach and I am not sure they are telling us everything.

My advice to the 77 million users of these online gaming sites is simple; de register and......get a life!

My advice to the 77 million users of these online gaming sites is simple; de register and......get a life!

 

LOL Sony offers much more than gaming. Downloadable movies, etc. Many people bought the PS3 for the Blue Ray. It is excellent and a great deal. I don't play online but the BF did and so do many people I know. Why would you think they had no life if they are playing online games. It is a great break for many who enjoy it. You and I may be of a different generation, but if you don't think your Thai BF's play games, it is you who is mistaken (unless they are all over 35).

Your post on this came soon after I had been listening to a radio phone in which had this as one of the discussion points. Honestly, you want to hear these people. None of them seemed too concerned about the security risks but were distraught that they were unable to play their games online. Comments like "I feel like my life has been turned upside down"..."I have made friends from all over the world and this is keeping us apart"...."I go online as soon as I get home from work and we are there till the middle of the night - what am I meant to do now?".

 

I could go on. Seriously, its not healthy.

I could go on. Seriously, its not healthy.

 

There is too much of anything. Internet. Drugs. Alcohol. Chocolate. Soda. Sex. (Well, honestly, I don't think you can ever have too much sex. I guess that tells you one of my weaknesses).

 

Everything can be taken to the extreme. I have nephews and nieces that play these games and they are limited to one hour per day. It is fun for them to unwind after a long day of school and activities. BTW: they are well adjusted, straight A kids who are involved in sports and concert pianists. Sometimes one just needs a break. I don't understand why one would get addicted to Sony games. But, when Angry Birds came out, I spent a week trying to get to the next level. I really enjoyed it but I can't imagine doing that week after week after week.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.