Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Sunday Gay-Themed Parties at Bed Supperclub

Featured Replies

It’s been tried before – and hasn't worked for long. Now, according to an article in The Nation today headed “Sharing Confidences in Bed”, the Bed Supperclub on Sukhumvit Soi 11 is once again trying out a special gay night on Sundays. With the title "Confidential Sunday", it was launched last Sunday and, according to the article, it is to be a weekly event. However, when you check the Bed Supperclub’s website, there’s nothing about it happening this coming Sunday! I believe there is more information and photos from the launch party on its Facebook page (which I cannot check as I am not a Facebook member.)

 

The Nation says

 

Confidential Sunday takes place every Sunday at Bed Supperclub on Sukhumvit Soi 11. Entry with open bar from 11 to midnight is Bt600. Don't forget to bring your ID.”

Not being a clubber, quite what “entry with open bar from 11 to midnight” means, I’m not sure. The opening party kicked off at 8:00pm, so I guess that’s more or less when parties will start in future.

 

The title “Confidential Sunday” has a tag-line “Nobody Needs to Know”. It’s been chosen apparently in the hope of attracting some of those who are not formally “out” in addition to the regular gay clubbers.

 

A party with "eclectic mix of debauched naughtiness, chic beats and riotous revellers", the flyer professes, is a "quintessential experience of a truly unique and ultra flamboyant party." Planned for the next sessions are monthly fashion shows from local and international brands, contemporary performances, "exotic" dances and the inevitable celebrity birthday bashes. The music tone is set to deep house, '70s, '80s, '90s and funky house.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/08/05/life/Sharing-confidences-in-Bed-30161969.html

 

Don’t expect the usual Silom Soi 4 or Soi 2 crowd, as this is much more of a hi-so and aspiring hi-so venue with prices to match. I suspect, too, that most Thais will go in groups, rather than singles. Yet, I recall a thread not so long ago where some posters were lamenting the lack of venues for gays to meet which are of a higher standard and where it might be possible to meet some more regular Thai guys. This may be worth a try, if your wallet is up to it!

Now, may I ask, where I can go to find boys of very low standard? :)

 

My bedroom.

I was going to list a number of dens you might try, but thaiworthy beat me to it with the lowest of the low :o

 

"Higher standard" of course referred to the venues and not the patrons, dear Khun Michael - although certain low life venues today seem to regard themselves in that higher category when it comes to pricing :wacko:

 

As usual, Oscar Wilde had a rather appropriate aphorism from the play An Ideal Husband -

 

"Oh, I love London Society! I think it has immensely improved. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.