September 5, 201115 yr After a long period of time I gathered all the power and guts I could find and did some bar-browsing during a weekend. GUY at Walking Street: No longer an 'open' beer bar. A curtain is placed to withdraw the view from the street; obviously too many homophobic passers-by. Just a few boys in just jeans which is often better than just briefs or boxers. Happy Place: A nice equipped go-go bar with nice equipped boys. Not really my thing, but overall: a good place to enjoy. BoysBoysBoys: Refurbished and the smell was if we entered the Dow Chemical plant; awfull. Just a few boys on stage and hardly any customers. The refurbishment looks nice and fresh. Toy Boys: Nothing has changed here; somewhat a constant factor in Boyz Town. Nice boys and friendly and attentive Mamasang. Not pushy. Copa: As always: a joy to be there. Nice boys, good show. Friendly staff. Apart from the arrogant management and the exorbitant drink prices; a good place to be. Ganymede: A nice and spacious 'open' bar; nice boys and good service. Nobody is pushy. Pour House was closed on 3-9-2011 The Venue: Went there around showtime. Nice bar, big and spacious. Seat-arrangements a bit theater-like. Pillars were in the way. Show was new and fresh, until some farang started his stand-up act. Overall: Everything was rather quiet and I was wondering how some venues could cope with this quietness. We didn't go to Sunnee, because that's in my opinion a children playground.
September 5, 201115 yr Nice report thanks! Have you been to Wild West lately? Is the show there still good? I didn't know BoyzBoyzBoyz was refurbishing. Can't wait to see it.
September 5, 201115 yr Nice report thanks! Have you been to Wild West lately? Is the show there still good? I didn't know BoyzBoyzBoyz was refurbishing. Can't wait to see it. Didn't go to WWB for ages due to the pushing MMS. Last time I went to BBB was about a year ago, so not clear whether they refurbished recently; anyway, the interior looks brand new and the smell is very chemical.
September 5, 201115 yr I have been very impressed with Wild West Boys lately. I actually prefer their show to show at Copa now. Great dancers, both in appearance and talent My Thai friend likes it as well, some Isan type dances and comedy, which is a great break from the diva singing stuff. More personality to their show than the lip-syncing ladyboy stuff. I cannot recall ever being bothered by MamaSans at WWB. It has always appeared to have a fairly laid-back staff. I still give Copa the edge on gogo boys. More variety and seem to be more engaged than the boys at WWB. I have steered clear of BBB for some time. Just never seemed to have a good time there. Admittedly, I lean more toward the fem guys, and BBB seem to be more masculine focused.
September 6, 201115 yr I have been very impressed with Wild West Boys lately. I actually prefer their show to show at Copa now. Great dancers, both in appearance and talent My Thai friend likes it as well, some Isan type dances and comedy, which is a great break from the diva singing stuff. More personality to their show than the lip-syncing ladyboy stuff. I cannot recall ever being bothered by MamaSans at WWB. It has always appeared to have a fairly laid-back staff. I still give Copa the edge on gogo boys. More variety and seem to be more engaged than the boys at WWB. I have steered clear of BBB for some time. Just never seemed to have a good time there. Admittedly, I lean more toward the fem guys, and BBB seem to be more masculine focused. BBB was one of my favorites (some 4-5 years ago). Rather good shows, good mix of boys and some good music, which could be enjoyed after and in between the shows. The area around the main bar (at that time) was a nice place to interact with the staff.
September 6, 201115 yr BBB was one of my favorites (some 4-5 years ago). I was last there around that time - maybe even earlier. What annoyed me intensely was the agonisingly slow rotation of the boys. I then stopped going.
September 6, 201115 yr BBB was one of my favorites (some 4-5 years ago). I do not go as I do not like the person who used to solely own and currently runs this place. She/he is just not anyone I would give my business to.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.