Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avatars

Featured Replies

I've made the following observations about avatar handling, since the change of board layout (based on trial & error).

 

1 Avatars are easily edited via "My Settings" & "Change Your Photo...."

 

2 The menu invites you to select a picture over 200px, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. 90x90 does.

 

3 If you post say a 90x 60 avatar, it will be squashed to 50x50 in some pages, which changes the proportions.

So it makes sense to keep height & width almost the same.

 

Some members seem to have lost their Avatars, so why not take the opportunity & freshen it up with some nice Asian guys?

 

Now if anyone does get a higher resolution avatar working, please tell us how.

 

1 Avatars are easily edited via "My Settings" & "Change Your Photo...."

 

 

OK, so where do I find "My Settings". I can see "My Account " but that does not have a "Change Your Photo" option - hundreds of posts and I don't know how to add a pic or where to find "My Settings".

After you log in, under the photos of the web guys you’ll see a black strip with your log-in name on the right side. Click on your name and a sub-menu appears. One of the headings is ‘My Settings'. From there it’s easy.

After you log in, under the photos of the web guys you’ll see a black strip with your log-in name on the right side. Click on your name and a sub-menu appears. One of the headings is ‘My Settings'. From there it’s easy.

Here's a picture showing where to start.

This option is not available on the top level "Forums" page (no idea why). Just go into one of the forums, then access it.menu.jpg

ok I've change mine, my boyfriend in his new Levis

After you log in, under the photos of the web guys you’ll see a black strip with your log-in name on the right side. Click on your name and a sub-menu appears. One of the headings is ‘My Settings'. From there it’s easy.

 

Thanks, found it - not sure when I will get around to posting a pic - but at least now I know how - thx again gentlemen

Now if anyone does get a higher resolution avatar working, please tell us how.

 

As far as I know, monitor resolution has always been 72 pixels per inch. Higher resolution would only mean a bigger picture, so the board limitations would have to change to permit this @ > 90x90.

 

Your avatar is distracting enough, Z. If you made it any bigger, it would take me all day to read your posts!

my VERY old one seems to work ok

As far as I know, monitor resolution has always been 72 pixels per inch. Higher resolution would only mean a bigger picture, so the board limitations would have to change to permit this @ > 90x90.

Your avatar is distracting enough, Z. If you made it any bigger, it would take me all day to read your posts!

I'm viewing this page zoomed by +180%, so it could definitely accommodate more avatar resolution. The reference to 200px had me thinking 200x200 might be legal, but it seems not.

my VERY old one seems to work ok

 

I see you have a Thais4Life banner in your post. Do you know if they are still in business? I have books to donate but am not sure if they are still in business.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.