Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yahoo Search Operations in Thailand

Featured Replies

I just had a message on screen that Yahoo has ceased Search operations in Thailand.

Yahoo ได้ยุติการให้บริการค้นหาในประเทศไทยแล้ว

I have been using it for years. This seems very weird. I suspect it is some sort of spam. Has anyone else had this message? And if so, can you kindly advise how I change the search engine?

  • Active Members
20 hours ago, PeterRS said:

can you kindly advise how I change the search engine?

I use the Firefox web browser.  This is the process for this particular browser: 

With the Firefox browser open, click on the three hash-marks in the upper right corner.  in the drop-down menu that appears, go to Settings.  Then in the new window that opens, on the left, you will see "Search".  Click on that, and you can change the default search engine to another one of your choice.

In other web browsers, the process should be fairly similar.

 

I haven't read anything online here about Yahoo discontinuing 'Search' feature anywhere, but I don't believe Yahoo actually operates an independent search engine anymore.  I think they actually use 'Bing'.  

  • Author
32 minutes ago, jimmie50 said:

I haven't read anything online here about Yahoo discontinuing 'Search' feature anywhere, but I don't believe Yahoo actually operates an independent search engine anymore.  I think they actually use 'Bing'.  

Thanks everyone. I had never heard of a yahoo browser but in the 30+ years I have owned a mac, when using safari all I have needed to do to search for anything was type in some info. A search site has always opened up. I will take @daydreamer's kind suggestion and use Firefox or Chrome. I'll also take a screen shot of the yahoo page to the main Apple store in BKK to see if they say it is spam or some form of error.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.