Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

$$$ Savings BKK-USA on Delta Air...using certificate codes

Featured Replies

$$$ savings to the USA fm Bangkok...

Delta Airlines

 

Business Class roundtrip with discount are approx $3200 to West Coast...

Coach fares also discounted.

 

https://www.delta.com/planning_reservat ... 832-A05D-A

 

tj

Michael,

Was that for BKK to East Coast or West Coast for your friend?

 

I was searching and found Business Class to West Coast...103,000THB.

 

I hope he used the two certificate codes in the link...to get his special

discount fares. Sounds like he did from the 110,000 THB fare you quoted.

 

ONE idea you may consider is ...

On Korean Air, their tickets are valid for 12 months...

and NO charge for change of return.

 

As airfares from BKK to USA are cheaper than USA to BKK...

What IF you booked another Business Class fare flying fm BKK to your destination

in USA for your return...on Korean Air in Business Class?

 

Again your return to BKK can be flexible...OPEN RETURNS are possible on KE.

IF you

 

Just a thought :-)

 

tj

I never cease to be baffled by airline pricing. On the off chance that I may have to fly to Chicago next month, I started checking fares last night. Being in One World, I first checked Cathay Pacific and compared two prices - one out of HKG and one out of BKK.

 

Now you would expect the one from HKG to be cheaper - if only because the total round-trip is 2,000 miles less. Cathay's cheapest business class ticket (I class) is Bt. 276,185! Whew!

 

How about ex BKK? With exactly the same HKG/ORD/HKG flights and the extra BKK/HKG/BKK sectors, the I class business ticket is . . . Bt. 129,710! I had to check the pricing 3 times to make sure I was comparing like with like. And I was - as you can see on the charts below! Click on it to blow it up. (I did put in BKK/HKG the day before the Chicago flight but only to allow time to see friends. It makes no difference to the price).

 

I am well aware that picking up airlines for long flights outside their home country is often cheaper. But more than 50% cheaper?? If I was based in Hong Kong and had a degree of flexibility, I'd add a return HKG/BKK/HKG, spend two luxurious week-ends - and still save around US$3,000! Crazy!

 

post-1892-0-53151700-1334985004_thumb.jpg

 

The same sort of price differentials are in operation for flights to the west and east coast of the USA. Yet go into the CX USA site and you find the prices ex-Chicago are cheaper to HKG than they are to BKK!

 

"I don't get it!"

Having played the airline games so much over the years I would often find flying out of Alabama cheaper than flying from NYC or LAX or DFW. The flights always went through those cities but it was cheaper to start some place else. I remember several times booking the tickets from there and on the return, just getting out at the first port of call in the USA and not continuing the flights.

 

I have never understood the way they do fares but have been told they get tax credits from going out of regional airports in USA. That does not answer your Asia fares though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.