Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adding Avatar pic

Featured Replies

  • Active Members

Silly question guys, but how do I replace the default Avatar initial  with a pic of my choice ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2026 at 12:59 AM, Suckrates said:

Silly question guys, but how do I replace the default Avatar initial  with a pic of my choice ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

In the upper right corner, click your profile, then click edit profile, once new screen appears click edit profile again in the upper right corner. Then you can upload an avatar picture.

It isn’t a dumb question. Considering how few actually got pictures here, you’re apparently not the only digitally challenged person here.

  • Author
  • Active Members
22 minutes ago, Enchanted_Elixir said:

In the upper right corner, click your profile, then click edit profile, once new screen appears click edit profile again in the upper right corner. Then you can upload an avatar picture.

It isn’t a dumb question. Considering how few actually got pictures here, you’re apparently not the only digitally challenged person here.

Thanks for your kind reply and direction. I followed your instruction, but nowhere does it give me an option to edit AVATAR pic, and replace the default Initial avatar circle with a pic of my choice....

Oh well, I tried ! Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Suckrates said:

Thanks for your kind reply and direction. I followed your instruction, but nowhere does it give me an option to edit AVATAR pic, and replace the default Initial avatar circle with a pic of my choice....

Oh well, I tried ! Thanks again.

My bad!

Try clicking on your profile name top right, then you’re given a menu which says «profile» and «edit profile» among others. Click profile. Once in that screen you can choose edit profile in the top right corner. There you should be able to upload a new picture.

  • Author
  • Active Members
1 hour ago, Enchanted_Elixir said:

Sent you a DM

Yes, thanks again. I had kinda figured out that was what you meant, and I did get to the profile edit page, which was a long litany of subject titles for info about ME, but lacking any field which allowed for the addition or edit or the AVATAR photo.....

Perhaps I am just DUM ? (oops Trump said Dumb has a B). I am just not seeing it or simply missing something ?

I will stop the insanity and just be happy living with a big, green S representing me....... ☹️

But YOU are a gem for trying to help me....

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2026 at 11:38 AM, Suckrates said:

Yes, thanks again. I had kinda figured out that was what you meant, and I did get to the profile edit page, which was a long litany of subject titles for info about ME, but lacking any field which allowed for the addition or edit or the AVATAR photo.....

Perhaps I am just DUM ? (oops Trump said Dumb has a B). I am just not seeing it or simply missing something ?

I will stop the insanity and just be happy living with a big, green S representing me....... ☹️

But YOU are a gem for trying to help me....

One cannot seem to create an avatar image to replace one’s handle’s first letter. I see that you do have a profile photo, however. Of course one question that arises is whether the mods censor an avatar creation attempt that is considered X-rated. I have not viewed enough of the chatroom’s avatars to determine whether they are screened. I am picking up that there were recent changes to the user interface. Perhaps previously existing avatars were grandfathered in but that option disappeared with the revamp. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You can press and pull up your letter but the drop down menu lacks the image upload feature.IMG_2835.png

  • Author
  • Active Members
4 hours ago, NormandyCoast said:

One cannot seem to create an avatar image to replace one’s handle’s first letter. I see that you do have a profile photo, however. Of course one question that arises is whether the mods censor an avatar creation attempt that is considered X-rated. I have not viewed enough of the chatroom’s avatars to determine whether they are screened. I am picking up that there were recent changes to the user interface. Perhaps previously existing avatars were grandfathered in but that option disappeared with the revamp. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You can press and pull up your letter but the drop down menu lacks the image upload feature.IMG_2835.png

That XXX rated profile pic, as you call it, was added in my attempt to create the avatar image, but obviously I was unsuccessful. While it did create a profile pic, as you say, there was no way I could find to upload that pic into the avatar space..... In addition, the pic was probably too large to fit in its entirety and would have to be cropped, which would probably erase its XXX rating ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.