August 8, 201214 yr http://tinyurl.com/9upjzmm OK. So they call it the pink baht. The link is to a BK magazine blurb about a new weekly Gay Night at the hotel's WXYZ bar. Apparently the entertainment is provided by the Silom Soi 2 drag queen troupe. And if you drink too much (or perhaps just meet someone there), you can get a room for B1,900 if you check in after 10 p.m. The hotel -- and the bar, too -- gets awesome reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com So good, in fact, I'm thinking of switching from my usual Bangkok hotel.
August 8, 201214 yr I love the idea! But sorry to say the drag queen troupe would keep me away! If only some hotel or club would organise a gay night without entertainment - perhaps just a DJ like the mixed Club 97 in Hong Kong. For more than 2 decades it has organised a special gay happy hour on Fridays between 6:00pm and 10:00pm. I believe this does sometimes have a drag queen show, but whenever I have been there it was just music, dancing and chat. A great place to hang out and meet other gays.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.