Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has anyone stayed at Le Meridien on Surawong?

Featured Replies

I'm specifically wondering what their guest policy might be? I'm also considering the Rose Hotel, Dusit Thani, Glow Trinity Silom and the Ascott Sathorn, if anyone wants to throw me some recommendations. I'm only gonna be in town for a couple days, and The Silom-Surawong area will be convenient.

I've stayed at Le Meridien... No issues bringing back guests.

 

Also stayed at the Dusit Thani a few times... No issues here either. Each time, I walked past the half a dozen staff who hang around between the entrance and lifts with my guest at 3am in the morning and all they do is smile and wai. They're also really helpful to my guests with parking and and letting them into the club lounge when I'm there. The place may be aging and in serious need of a facelift but the staff were consistently top notch and a credit to the place.

 

Le Meridien's got much nicer rooms, gym, pool and facilities but Dusit Thani's got a more convenient location and one of the nicest views in Bangkok (always ask for a room overlooking Lumpini Park).

Hey, cool! Thanks, Snapshot. Dusit Thani also seems to offer 500 airline miles on stays of at least two nights.

As an alternative, consider the Crowne as well. I haven't stayed there myself but I would if I was wanting to stay in Silom (I tend to stay around Siam Square or along Rajadamri now). It's opposite the Dusit Thani so you get the same locational benefits. I suspect it has the same or similar views overlooking Lumpini Park with the Bangkok skyline. And it may have better rooms and facilities than the Dusit.

 

The Dusit has lovely views but to be honest, the last time I stayed there, I was really disappointed with how aged and poorly designed the rooms had gotten (relative to newer hotels). I had this giant club room with all this space but no free standing work desk (had to ask them to provide one) and a cramped bathroom. I wonder if they've gotten around to refurbishing yet.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.