Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Songkran 2013 Bangkok G Circuit Parties

Featured Replies

For those thinking ahead to holidays at Songkran next year, the G Circuit Group will be holding their annual Songkran 2013 Bangkok again. Billed as Asia’s biggest G Circuit event (does that mean the biggest of all events in Asia, I wonder), it will have 5 events over 3 days and nights from 12- 14 April. Hunk DJs from Mexico, Italy, Germany and Brazil will be taking part.

 

post-1892-0-91325600-1355819201_thumb.jpg

 

Early Bird tickets with the biggest discount will be on sale from 25 January to 24 February. Advance Tickets (presumably with a lesser discount) from 25 February to 9 April. If 2013 is the same as past year, the last minute tickets will be much more expensive. There will also be special Host Hotel packages. However, when I checked these out last year, I found that you could get better rates at the same hotels from the usual hotel search engines.

 

More details will be posted on G Circuit’s website soon –

 

http://www.gcircuit.com/

 

Here’s a video of the Wet Party last year (skip the awful intro and start around 40 seconds in)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0am5jDt9aEo

I have never been to one of these events in Thailand but I have been to many in Montreal, USA and Brazil. My favorite ones are the Montreal Black and Blue party and New York's Black Party.

 

I am a bit older now than when I was going before and I don't think I could do the all night thing on a regular basis. But, it looks like a lot of fun. Has anyone ever done this?

If you are older now, I am a lot older now :growl: . I had been thinking of going to one of the same sort of great parties in Taipei during the week-end of the Pride Parade, but I just did not have the stamina.

  • 5 weeks later...

Details are now available of the various ticket types and prices.

 

Early Bird Tickets are on sale from Jan 25 to Feb 24. Buy for all three main parties - Exotica, Galactica and Fantastica - and a wet party for Bt. 4,700 or Bt. 5,600 and you can save Bt. 2,900 or Bt. 3,500 over door prices. The two rooftop wet parties are intriguingly titled Bears on Top and Boys on Top.

 

There are 17 host hotels this year with rates from Bt. 2,195 nett/night  for the Somerset Serviced Apartments and Bt. 2,300/nett night for the Holiday Inn Express at Siam Square, to Bt. 7,100 nett/night for the St. Regis. Most rates include free breakfast and free wi-fi. I have checked with agoda and these rates seem better deals.

 

 
If any reader attends, I hope he will post a detailed account.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.