Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breakfast Buffet at Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Featured Replies

I had breakfast at the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel. It is located at:

 

61 Wireless Road Bangkok, Thailand

 

It is on the same road and not too far from the USA Embassy.

 

Their Sunday Brunch Buffet's are famous but I wanted to try their breakfast buffet as I had a friend staying there and was invited over.

 

The spread of food was great. It served a bit of everything from a great omelet station, a noodle station, waffles, pancakes, pastries, Thai, Asian and Japanese soups and entrees, fruits, cereals, yogurts, etc. I love American style bacon and they had plenty of it.

 

They has a wide variety of drinks but I loved their smoothie shots of chocolate and strawberry protein.

 

Breakfast was at the Rain Tree Café on the ground floor served between 5:30-10:30 AM. I met my friend around 7AM as he has a business meeting. His breakfast did not come with his room but he had a Le Meridan Card that got us 50% off the cost of the food. The regular price must have been around 900 baht each as the final for two of us was 950 baht after the discount. He said he purchased the card for around 8k baht and got several free hotel nights in Bangkok as well as discounts all year. I have not looked into the card but if it is also good for The W, I may have to check it out.

PlazaAthenee_9.jpg

PlazaAthenee_8.jpg

PlazaAthenee_7.jpg

PlazaAthenee_6.jpg

PlazaAthenee_5.jpg

PlazaAthenee_4.jpg

PlazaAthenee_3.jpg

PlazaAthenee_2.jpg

PlazaAthenee_1.jpg


If you are living in Bangkok and have to eat out a lot with friends or on business, the dining privileges alone would be worth it over a year. The Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit used to have a similar scheme a few years ago which was even better, but then they had to stop it and join the Starwood loyalty scheme which was not as good.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.