Guest MonkeySee

Planning a trip to Laos

Guest MonkeySee

I am planning a trip to Laos in January and would like input on places to see. I have been to both Vientiane and Luang Prabang. I enjoyed seeing these cities and will revisit them, again. I was thinking of exploring new territory. Does anyone have suggestions? I plan to read the Lonely Planet's Laos guide, but would like to hear your input. Thanks in advance

I am planning a trip to Laos in January and would like input on places to see. I have been to both Vientiane and Luang Prabang. I enjoyed seeing these cities and will revisit them, again. I was thinking of exploring new territory. Does anyone have suggestions? I plan to read the Lonely Planet's Laos guide, but would like to hear your input. Thanks in advance

I've heard that Paske is well worth a visit, as it is still unspoiled. It can be reached by Lao Air, Cambodian air(?) and Siem Reap air. Never been there but people who have seemed to like it. Many gays (I've been told), but you have to search faces.

Guest MonkeySee
I've heard that Paske is well worth a visit, as it is still unspoiled. It can be reached by Lao Air, Cambodian air(?) and Siem Reap air. Never been there but people who have seemed to like it. Many gays (I've been told), but you have to search faces.

Thanks, KhorTose. I will look into Paske. I am hoping most of Laos to be unspoiled. I am also interested in the UNESCO heritage site of Wat Phou (Vat Phu). It is a ruined Khmer temple complex in southern Laos located at the base of mount Phu Kao. Maybe the "plain of jars," too. Anyone with first-hand information?