TotallyOz

Ozark - Netflix Must Watch TV

If you get bored during your self-isolation, Ozark staring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney is excellent. Each season gets better and Season three just popped on Netflix and I would not stop watching it. Great acting and great story. They really do develop these characters and it is enjoyable to watch the family struggle through so many roadblocks.

• Members

I've always liked Jason Bateman, and this show gives him a great opportunity to show the range of his talent.

In many respects the show is brilliant, but it does have its flaws. Some of the plot devices are preposterous. And bringing in a bipolar brother and sharing any truth with him was pure fantasy run amuck. A show-runner brain fart. Laughable, extremely contrived, and annoying. But it gives Laura Linney some screen time to chew on.

The best character in Season 3 is Dr. Sue Shelby, Marty and Wendy's therapist, brilliantly played by Marylouise Burke. She reminds me of Aunt Clara from Bewitched. A total award winner.

• Members

I thought I tapped out all my binging inventory in 2020.

[SPOILER ALERT: I was beginning to put outdoor spaceship repair scenes in slo-mo in order to critique how there could be any tether slack in Midnight Sky or Away when dragged along at a gazillion miles per hour. Have none of the show runners waterskied?]

Then last night gave Ozark S1E1 a shot. Looks like a keeper.

• Members
1 hour ago, Riobard said:

Then last night gave Ozark S1E1 a shot. Looks like a keeper.

Many of us fans are waiting patiently for the new season to arrive.

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

I was beginning to put outdoor spaceship repair scenes in slo-mo

Oops, I thought you were about to mention Lost In Space, another silly-idea remake that almost competes with James Cameron's Alien.