Wellhellothere

Question about gogoboy in Bangkok

I'm curious about something: Based on my understanding, the majority of gogoboy workers in Bangkok are not Thai but primarily from countries like Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and others. I'm wondering if, once they have earned enough money, they tend to return to their home countries rather than staying in Bangkok for an extended period of time?

During my visit to one of the gogoboy bars, I heard that most of them stay in 2 or 3-star hotels instead of renting apartments. (But why not rent instead?)

During my visit to a gogoboy bar in Silom, I was captivated by a gogoboy from Burma (Myanmar). I ended up booking him for the entirety of my 5-night stay in Bangkok simply because I enjoyed his company. Over time, I started developing feelings for him, and we have continued to stay in touch. He frequently texts me and even sends me videos of his whereabouts. He has expressed his longing for me, claiming he loves me, considers me his boyfriend, and insists that he only has feelings for me. However, deep down, I am aware that these declarations may only be partially true, as he might have made similar statements to other customers. When I mentioned that I love him as a customer, he appeared quite saddened by my words.

I’m wondering if it’s possible for gogoboy to fall in love with a customer?

One final question regarding gogoboys:

Do gogoboys working in gogoboy bars receive salary from the bar, or is their income primarily derived from customers who purchase drinks, provide tips, and engage in sexual services with them?

Most immigrant working boys rent rooms monthly, or their friend does and they stay with them. Very few stay alone. 2/3/4 to a room. Sure they return home often to see family if they are illegal, or do a border run (although some have agents that do it for them). Keep in mind many are straight, and live with their wives or girlfriend. It's extremely difficult for immigrants to get long term leases, not to mention save up the 2 month deposit, which is asked in most cases. Especially with condos.  

As for the love part. You are probably 1 of many customers he sends these messages to daily. Don't fall into that trap. Long game or short game, it's all down to money. I have never heard of a gogo boy working to find love, and not money. Prove me wrong if you want. Find a boy in his first couple weeks, maybe it's possible, but once he's in the game and understands it, you are an ATM to manipulate for cash, if you show yourself as a mark.  

As for the salary part, that's an impossible question. It depends if they are employed, on a Work VISA, what time they turn up to work to be paid for the day. There are simply too many variables. Generally, the answer is no. They don't get a salary. They live off tips, their cut from bar fines and well, whatever you give them. Keep in mind many have multiple sponsors who send them money because, well, they are "in love". 

You seem very new to Thailand's gay scene. If you want to find love in Thailand, you're not going to find it in a gogo bar. 

ASEANS have no problem finding Thai-style rooms to rent that don’t involve contracts, just the habit of paying rent in advance. Many have roommates.

A better way to evaluate your relationship is to pay attention to what he does as opposed to what he says.

Meanwhile, you may wish to ponder the difference between affection and love.

6 hours ago, Wellhellothere said:

Falling in love with a customer is a difficult concept!  The boy could have affection for you especially if you are providing him money, but if no money, no chance of love.

Of course the customer will often fall in love with the boy, it happens to many of us. Best to tread lightly, enjoy the moment and do nothing rash.

5 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Most immigrant working boys rent rooms monthly, or their friend does and they stay with them. Very few stay alone. 2/3/4 to a room. Sure they return home often to see family if they are illegal, or do a border run (although some have agents that do it for them). Keep in mind many are straight, and live with their wives or girlfriend. It's extremely difficult for immigrants to get long term leases, not to mention save up the 2 month deposit, which is asked in most cases. Especially with condos.  

As for the love part. You are probably 1 of many customers he sends these messages to daily. Don't fall into that trap. Long game or short game, it's all down to money. I have never heard of a gogo boy working to find love, and not money. Prove me wrong if you want. Find a boy in his first couple weeks, maybe it's possible, but once he's in the game and understands it, you are an ATM to manipulate for cash, if you show yourself as a mark.  

As for the salary part, that's an impossible question. It depends if they are employed, on a Work VISA, what time they turn up to work to be paid for the day. There are simply too many variables. Generally, the answer is no. They don't get a salary. They live off tips, their cut from bar fines and well, whatever you give them. Keep in mind many have multiple sponsors who send them money because, well, they are "in love". 

You seem very new to Thailand's gay scene. If you want to find love in Thailand, you're not going to find it in a gogo bar. 

Hello. I appreciate your response.

Regarding the gogoboy I encountered, he stays alone in a hotel room (he once invited me to his hotel room).

Based on my interactions with him over the past few days, it is evident that my gogoboy is gay and prefers the bottom role. (Sometimes I saw his effeminate side)

When it comes to emotions, he has been making me experience feelings of love, and his treatment towards me resembles that of a boyfriend. Even after I returned to Singapore, he continued to text me, which brought me considerable happiness.

😕Actually I wasn’t planning to find love in gogoboy bar or even Bangkok because of the 3000km distance issue , honestly speaking I never thought I would fall in love with him . 

7 hours ago, Wellhellothere said:

Yes it's possible but most chances he really fell in love with your wallet,it's hard for us to tell because we don’t know this boy. Many of the working boys are actually straight if he is that's rules up that he 'fell in love' with you, if he's a genuine gay that increase the chances that he has feelings for you but not by much gogo boys are for make a living and not finding prince charming on white horse. If you have feelings for him my advice is to keep in touch  and see what happens but be very cautious . if constant requests for money and 'tragic stories' will follow it's time to cut him off.

1 minute ago, Boy69 said:

Yes it's possible but most chances he really fell in love with your wallet,it's hard for us to tell because we don’t know this boy. Many of the working boys are actually straight if he is that's rules up that he 'fell in love' with you, if he's a genuine gay that increase the chances that he has feelings for you but not by much gogo boys are for make a living and not finding prince charming on white horse. If you have feelings for him my advice is to keep in touch  and see what happens but be very cautious . if constant requests for money and 'tragic stories' will follow it's time to cut him off.

So far he hasn’t request for money but even if he does request for money how am I suppose to send money over (he doesn’t have bank account etc)

till now he’s been texting me frequently till he sleeps and send a video of a place where he’s drinking at and always assure his “love” for me 

13 minutes ago, Wellhellothere said:

So far he hasn’t request for money but even if he does request for money how am I suppose to send money over (he doesn’t have bank account etc)

till now he’s been texting me frequently till he sleeps and send a video of a place where he’s drinking at and always assure his “love” for me 

It's possible to send money via for example Western Union or MoneyGram even if he doesn't have bank account. Be aware that there are many boys that don't like their work as gogo boy and if they find the right person who is willing to support them on constant basis they will jump on this opportunity to quit their job in bars and will fake feelings and love. My advice is to keep in touch and see what happens. 

10 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

It's possible to send money via for example Western Union or MoneyGram even if he doesn't have bank account. Be aware that there are many boys that don't like their work as gogo boy and if they find the right person who is willing to support them on constant basis they will jump on this opportunity to quit their job in bars and will fake feelings and love. My advice is to keep in touch and see what happens. 

He did told me before that he doesn’t like working and mention that money is very intolerant (something along that line)

5 minutes ago, Wellhellothere said:

He did told me before that he doesn’t like working and mention that money is very intolerant (something along that line)

The question is if you really love him and you found that he really loves you but need your financial support to get out of the bars scene and stop working there are you willing to do it ?

It's not clear. one option is that he was looking for money and once you sent him this message he understood the message and moved on . second option he got offended that you think of him as money boy and not as a lover. if I have to bet I would go for the first option.

3 hours ago, Wellhellothere said:

I was planning to visit Bangkok again and bring him to Pattaya to enjoy (mainly because I haven’t been to Pattaya) :)

but why the question tho? 

Because last week a Burmese gogo boy who I have known a few years was in Pattaya with a customer, who was head over heals for him. It would have been a funny coincidence, but not in this case. 

22 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

Because last week a Burmese gogo boy who I have known a few years was in Pattaya with a customer, who was head over heals for him. It would have been a funny coincidence, but not in this case. 

Maybe you are talking about me? I was with a burmese boy in Pattaya May 11 - May 18. He stayed with me for the entirety of the whole trip from May 3 to 19 and he even traveled to Pattaya with me. I have a very similar situation as OP, we still keeping in touch, calling each other everyday via LINE, except I not sending him any money and he didn't ask for it. I will write more about my trip on other thread soon. I also have questions about love.

PS. Boy is cute and is on smaller side...

3 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Maybe you are talking about me? I was with a burmese boy in Pattaya May 11 - May 18. He stayed with me for the entirety of the whole trip from May 3 to 19 and he even traveled to Pattaya with me. I have a very similar situation as OP, we still keeping in touch, calling each other everyday via LINE, except I not sending him any money and he didn't ask for it. I will write more about my trip on other thread soon. I also have questions about love.

PS. Boy is cute and is on smaller side...

Did he have a small tattoo on his leg?