endlessdream

Early Jan. Fortaleza or Porto Alegre

• Members

I have planned a trip to Porto Alegre and Caxias do sul in early Jan. after the new year in Salvador. A friend told me it’s gonna be unbearably hot in POA during that time, so I’m thinking about heading to Fortaleza instead. Any suggestions?

I actually have a trip planned for Fortaleza in Juin, but I really can’t deal with heat. I thought POA is much in the south so it’s better to visit during their summer. Am I mistaken?

Thank you. 

• Members
7 hours ago, endlessdream said:

I have planned a trip to Porto Alegre and Caxias do sul in early Jan. after the new year in Salvador. A friend told me it’s gonna be unbearably hot in POA during that time, so I’m thinking about heading to Fortaleza instead. Any suggestions?

I actually have a trip planned for Fortaleza in Juin, but I really can’t deal with heat. I thought POA is much in the south so it’s better to visit during their summer. Am I mistaken?

Thank you. 

Personally, I like warmer climate, so  I go to Bahia Salvador during Brazilian winter(June to August), and POA during Brazilian summer( November  to March).  I avoid Rio/SP/POA in Brazilian winter.

• Members
16 hours ago, endlessdream said:

I have planned a trip to Porto Alegre and Caxias do sul in early Jan. after the new year in Salvador. A friend told me it’s gonna be unbearably hot in POA during that time, so I’m thinking about redivert to Fortaleza instead. Any suggestions? Thank you. 

wow. This is so useful!

• Members

I praised Porto Alegre here last January (see link below) even before the significant progress noted in the two threads started in June-August (linked in the post above).

I just arrived in Porto Alegre today, so I'll provide an update in a week or so.

• Members

The Moinhos de Vento area with the big park and upscale restaurants has always seemed safe in the two dozen years I've been coming here. I've never heard of anybody having any problems. I always regularly walk at night from Lux (revamped Plataforma) up the hill to Moinhos de Vento. No hassles ever.

From more distant Mezzaninu, you'd want to take an Uber.