pong

BKK: RCA gets gay clubs.

Report from freinds and trendy magazines: here in the big city of BKK you may have heard of RCA, Royal City Avenue, or ArSEeA or Ro-Yl SitDee in Thai. This is a private ''entertainment'' road about halfway along the tracks of the old train and new ARL between Makkasan and RamKamHeang stops, also halfway between Phetburi Rd. and Ram IX. Is famous since some 15 years, and has had waves of all kinds of tipical Thai pubescent behavior. Not the least underage (that means <21 ghere-so you need a fake ID to get into those disco's), prostituion, often fuelled by rumours that FAMOUS TV-stars and the like might be seen there! The biggest crowd-puller for the tipical Thai.

The place was always strictly (well, as far as that can be said for Thaild) str8.

But since late 2010 2 places have opened to cater for the trendy gay crowds.

(sorry, something went wrong here-had to reset) so here is part 2, the clubs:

CASTRO, has disco, coyoteboys and lip-synch drags (Thai style this is). cheap drinks (for you-not for the normal Thai going out); soft 60, beer 100, cocktail 180-250. Has private rooms ''for karaOK''-but only for men. Mainstream popular (for Thai ) music, much K-POp (thats Korean, a crazy new wave in case you also did not know that). Customers described as early 30ies, a little older as the OToKo (Chatuchak) and Ratchada scene.

A few monthes older is another gay disco; SanFRanDiscGo (I guess owned by same person, who may have been to SF in the US), which seems to be doing quite well in this o-so straight neighborhood.

Worth going? hmm, maybe. IF you speak enough Thai, IF you have willing Thai friends (in the trendy BKK mid/hi-class , not your tipical Isan farmers son), if you can stand ear-splitting deafening music for more as 5 mins and If you have the newest supertrendy required new style of clothing (dont worry-that will be on sale just outside by an army of vendors) and IF you fancy going out very late, then-well, maybe.

Strange thing is even more that none of the usual english gay sites that follow all the latest new openings have not yet discovered these places. (just checked, the Thai ones have them- but also seem quite reserved about it). SO; YOU may be the very first! Go Now (Beachlover, LetmeTellYou- i guess these are the most likely interested) before this secret is discovered! AND: a big chance to spot another Thai soapy star (dara!) or magazine celebrity-but then you have to know which are the ones to look out for.

Guest fountainhall

IF you speak enough Thai, IF you have willing Thai friends (in the trendy BKK mid/hi-class , not your tipical Isan farmers son), if you can stand ear-splitting deafening music for more as 5 mins and If you have the newest supertrendy required new style of clothing . . . and IF you fancy going out very late

I'm not surprised those places haven't been discovered by the English-speaking sites. Sounds to me that with all these qualifications, most of us would not go. If the music is that loud, I'd be nowhere near them.