Everything posted by TampaYankee
-
Nick Jonas in Les Miserable
Ditto. I give the kid credit for doing it though and he did ok for not being a select musical theatre performer. I agree it was an attempt to draw in a younger audience for a show initially staged before they were born. Usually these roles go to the creme de la creme of performers so it no great shame to come in second in that comparison IMO.
-
And now for the nasty bits=A dirty little secret from the Palm Springs bash
Clearly the important things to take from this are: it was a great weekend thanks to Oliver and Jason and whoever else deserves credit, a great time seems to have been had by all while in attendance, many got to meet familiar posters for the first time, and others got to renew acquaintances from times past. I wish I had been able to make it. Color me with envy. I think it speaks well of the community that members from both sites can come together over shared interests with shared friends to have a great time. It indicates that common interests are more important than any differences.
-
Fuck The Germans
We seem to recall different histories. I recall that W Germany, now Germany, being a solid reliable partner in NATO since its inception in contrast to France. In 1967 DeGaulle removed French armed forces from NATO command and kicked out of France all NATO forces. They kept some sort of tenuous political membership. Thus they wanted to have it both ways -- trying to influence the political stance without commiting military support. In addtion to DeGaulle feeling slighted, he wanted to be in a position to cut a separate peace agreement should war break out between the Soviet Eastern Block and West Europe, so it has been reported. I could go on taking a depricating tone toward France, justifyably, but I prefer to overlook the past since Sarkozy has brought France back much closer to the alliance. I you are going to piss on Germany over NATO participation from French territory, I adivse wearing heavy rain gear for the blowback.
-
Reagan Republican Makes A Case Against The War
I think his time has passed. The 22nd Ammendment pretty much guarantees that. BTW he is widely assumed to be our first gay president. I hear he's a real party animal.
-
Firefox 4
It is far far better to have swung and missed then to go down looking.
-
Firefox 4
Rich people pay big bucks for goat chesse, even some not so rich.
-
Talk about a point whore!
Seems to have been an ill considered strategy as it focused his activities which caused them to become high profile. That is the last thing one wants in that business and what seems to have brought him down.
-
Richard Engel
I knew he was BF material from the first days of the Iraq war reporting. Unfortunately, he was married then. Now divorced, he seems faithfully married to his profession.
-
And now for the nasty bits=A dirty little secret from the Palm Springs bash
I agree. It is personal choice and personal business. It is interesting to hear about, though, to know that several members and escorts cared enough and were generous enough to bring him along to share the weekend. It was a nice gesture and means he must be endeared to his membership.
-
Firefox 4
CNET loves it -- says: greatest thing since curdled goat's milk.
-
Firefox 4
Spray your keyboard with lighter fluid and ignite to vaporize the water and carbonize the sugar. After cooling turn upside down and shake vigoruosly. Maybe someone else has the solution for repairing an overheated keyboard? File this under: moving the ball down the field.
-
The Dick Map
Interesting chart for a frivilous fun read. I did learn one thing: escorts don't lie about their penis sizes, they just suffer the same misperception as the entire male population -- it's a male thing, not an escort thing.
-
The Dick Map
Quite believable if you have ever seen those Montreal boys. Some of us are convinced there is something in their water that makes cute, hot or generally hunky males, with many very well endowed.
-
Promise is promise
I third the motion of welcome. Make yourself at home. Many of us are 'former' members of the other site, though some of us go back to HooBoy days. Post as much or as little as you want. We're always open.
-
And now for the nasty bits=A dirty little secret from the Palm Springs bash
Happy to see that many are sharing their observations and impressions of, and experiences at the PS Weekend. Most appreciated by those of us unable to attend. Thanks to all and as a reminder, all posters with interests in escorts and escorting and parties are welcome here.
-
Apple pulls 'gay cure' iPhone app
Thanks for the catch. You get the eagle eye award for the day.
-
85 countries sign UN gay rights resolution
Welcome to our forums. Please make yourself at home and jump in anytime. I like your moniker. Always wanted to be one but even though I grew up within forty minutes of the beach I only made on occasional weekends.
-
Domain '.xxx' Approved for Web Porn Sites
You may, unfortunately it doesn't matter what you or I think. It only matters what SOTUS thinks. Yelling 'fire' in a crowded theatre is regulated speech. So said SOTUS.
-
Thank you OZ!!
Denise set you up with one of her boys or was it a second-hand hand-job? She may have been diminuative but she had those hunks dangling from her finger tips.
-
Apple pulls 'gay cure' iPhone app
I agree that Apple did set itself up. I thought it a mistake for them to censor apps. But once they decided to go down that road then they lend support to activities and causes by their choices, intentionally or not. If they are going to designate winners and losers then they have an obligation to make wise choices or bear the blowback when they fall short.
-
Domain '.xxx' Approved for Web Porn Sites
I can imagine a couple of scenarios. Consider that most adult sites have age restriction notices on their splash pages. That could be taken as prima facie statement that the owner considers it an adult site. Consider also that many adult sites have nanny software links on the splash page. Consider also that almost all 'adult' sites have 2257 statements on the splash page. All of these can be cataloged by webcrawler bots. That would identify 99.44% of all sites based on the claims of the site owners. Now Uncle Sam passes a law or ICANN institutes a regulation that adult sites must be behind an xxx domain. That is not an abridgement of Freedom of Speech as no speech was obstructed, just regulated. All that needs be shown is that the government has a compelling interest to regulate as long as it doesn not deny or censor that speech. The compelling interest is to protect children. It is easy to imagine a SOTUS with new appointments from a GOP President that would uphold such a law. That is how everyone gets herded into the ghetto. Will that happen? Hard to know but the stage is being arranged such that it could happen. Every step taken that makes it easier to happen, makes it easier to happen -- the operational definition of a slippery slope.
-
Thank you OZ!!
I want to compliment Dane on the class he has shown in his reaction to what has been an unnecessary tempest in a tea pot. He strikes me as mature, professional, and courteous -- all good characteristics of a good escort. It doesn't hurt being an easy-on-the-eye hunk either.
-
Apple pulls 'gay cure' iPhone app
I was very surprsed when I first heard that Apple was peddaling this app. It seemed contrary to my view of the Apple mentality and the Cupertino atmosphere. It is good to see that they have done a 180 in this. Better late than never. I do think they need to address why they originally supported the app and why they have withdrawn that support before this is a closed deal. It is just pressure or have they had a heart felt reassessment of what they lend the Apple logo to for support.
-
85 countries sign UN gay rights resolution
A great step. Hopefully, this will cast an international pall of shame over countries like Uganda and Middle East countries that will, in time, move to more temperate stances.
-
4th post on palm spring weekend
LOL... picking on? no. Commemnting on? Yes. I can only comment on what I have seen. As a son of the South I have seen lots of it. I traversed it many many times via auto from Florida to Tennessee and Florida to DC.