Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
"Attention Walmart Shoppers"
Just because you couldn't resist saying it...
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Laugh-or-you'll-cry dept.
-
How marriage has changed over centuries
I'm sure they sneak glances at this forum on their phones under their robes during oral.
-
How marriage has changed over centuries
Some of the Justices today asked, is it right for us to change a definition that has been fixed for millennia? The point of citing this article is the point many historians make about that argument: that definitions and practices of marriage have not remained fixed, but have varied enormously over time.
-
How marriage has changed over centuries
Too interesting, and relevant to today's SCOTUS cases, to bury in the Politics forum. How marriage has changed over centuries http://theweek.com/articles/475141/how-marriage-changed-over-centuries
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- Guardian live updates of SCOTUS same-sex marriage arguments today
http://www.theguardian.com/society/live/2015/apr/28/same-sex-marriage-us-supreme-court-obergefell-hodges-live- Forget about Leaving the Money on the Dresser
And stuffed!- Amsterdam
Or even my Holy of Holies!- "Attention Walmart Shoppers"
Would love to meet him at KY-Mart.- Great Playboy magazine interviews
Miles Davis Playboy Interview: Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert By LAWRENCE GROBEL • PLAYBOY • JANUARY 1991 Playboy Interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono Published in January 1981 issue Interviewed by David Sheff, September 1980 Ayn Rand Playboy Interview, 1964- Great Playboy magazine interviews
Martin Luther King Jr.: An Interview with Playboy Playboy Interview: Vladimir Nabokov By ALVIN TOFFLER • PLAYBOY • JANUARY 1964 Stanley Kubrick Playboy Interview part 1 50 Years of the Playboy Interview: Bette Davis Playboy Interview: Steve Jobs By DAVID SHEFF • PLAYBOY • FEBRUARY 1985- Same-sex marriage: US supreme court has few choices but to 'end the debate'
Didn't we already try that, 1777-1788?- Same-sex marriage: US supreme court has few choices but to 'end the debate'
Putting aside the due-process and equal-protection questions, what do you believe should be done, if anything, and by whom if not SCOTUS, about states that violate the full-faith-and-credit clause by refusing to recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states?- Same-sex marriage: US supreme court has few choices but to 'end the debate'
Same-sex marriage: US supreme court has few choices but to ''end the debate'' http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/27/same-sex-marriage-us-supreme-court-arguments-constitutional-right- 2015 Porto Alegre and Rio
We need a tax credit!- Transcript: President Obama's 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner Speech
The absence of eating clubs, in contrast to Harvard and Princeton. https://vimeo.com/76620144- Is age ever an issue in the Brazil Saunas Scene-Too Old Or Too Young?
Unquestionably. More than once I took home dancers in NYC by coming off as slightly less creepy than some other fossils competing for their attention.- Transcript: President Obama's 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner Speech
There was supposedly a saying in government circles during WWII: If you have something that absolutely must get done, get a Yale man.- Boeing to make traveling easier beginning this year
What I'm getting Oz for his next birthday.- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
...from 'The Groove Tube.'- Transcript: President Obama's 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner Speech
Hillary kicked things off by going completely unrecognized at a Chipotle. Not to be outdone, Martin O’Malley kicked things off by going completely unrecognized at a Martin O’Malley campaign event. (Laughter.) And Bernie Sanders might run. I like Bernie. Bernie is an interesting guy. Apparently some folks really want to see a pot-smoking socialist in the White House. (Laughter.) We could get a third Obama term after all. (Laughter and applause.) It could happen.- Transcript: President Obama's 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner Speech
Anyway. (Laughter.) It’s amazing how time flies. Soon, the first presidential contest will take place. And I for one cannot wait to see who the Koch brothers pick. It’s exciting. Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Scott Walker. Who will finally get that red rose? (Laughter.) The winner gets a billion-dollar war chest. The runner up gets to be the bachelor on the next season of “The Bachelor.” (Laughter.) I mean, seriously, a billion dollars. From just two guys. Is it just me, or does that feel a little excessive? (Laughter.) I mean, it’s almost insulting to the candidates. The Koch brothers think they need to spend a billion dollars to get folks to like one of these people. (Laughter.) It's got to hurt their feelings a little bit. (Laughter.) And, look, I know I’ve raised a lot of money too. But in all fairness, my middle name is “Hussein.” (Laughter.) What’s their excuse? (Laughter and applause.)- Transcript: President Obama's 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner Speech
You know what, let me set the record straight. I tease Joe sometimes, but he has been at my side for seven years now. I love that man. (Applause.) He’s not just a great Vice President, he is a great friend. We’ve gotten so close, in some places in Indiana, they won’t serve us pizza anymore. (Laughter and applause.) I want to thank our host for the evening, a Chicago girl, the incredibly talented Cecily Strong. (Applause.) On “Saturday Night Life,” Cecily impersonates CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin. Which is surprising, because usually the only people impersonating journalists on CNN are journalists on CNN. (Laughter.) ABC is here with some of the stars from their big new comedy, “Black-ish.” (Applause.) It’s a great show, but I have to give ABC fair warning—being “Black-ish” only makes you popular for so long. Trust me. (Laughter.) There’s a shelf life to that thing. (Laughter.)- Transcript: President Obama's 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner Speech
Now, look, it is true I have not managed to make everybody happy. Six years into my presidency, some people still say I’m arrogant and aloof, condescending. Some people are so dumb. (Laughter.) No wonder I don’t meet with them. (Laughter.) And that’s not all people say about me. A few weeks ago, Dick Cheney says he thinks I’m the worst President of his lifetime. Which is interesting, because I think Dick Cheney is the worst President of my lifetime. (Laughter and applause.) It’s quite a coincidence. - Guardian live updates of SCOTUS same-sex marriage arguments today