Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Repost.
  2. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  3. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  4. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  5. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  6. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  7. AdamSmith replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    ‘I’m a New Yorker, and I know a con when I see one.’ — Mike Bloomberg on you-know-who
  8. They didn’t ever work very well anyway. (The ship-centric Aegis system was a minor exception, and does in fact work fairly well. But it is exception, not rule.) It is in very large part, as Eisenhower very presciently told us on his way out, that the military-industrial complex is very toxically selling us its profit-driven pixie dust.
  9. Very grateful for your articulating all of this. I knew some of it already but what you say here lays out the whole thing. (Note to readers: @tassojunior & I do not know each other in person. So this is not just an online blowjob. )
  10. I confess to having had exactly that same mordant thought myself, much more than once. Only thing is, in today’s hair-trigger-wired world — politically, psychologically, technologically — one is hard-pressed to see how any nuclear strike could not (within a very few seconds) become impossible to be ‘limited’ in terms of response, counter-response, rogue actors throwing their few but lethal illegally acquired devices into the show, etc etc.
  11. What’s inadvertently hilarious, and almost our only ‘leverage,’ is how much of our sovereign debt they hold.
  12. Much better. Agree entirely. China is who to worry about long-term. To them, their recent 300-year stumble on the world stage is a very short-term goof-up. Their notion of the long view starts with 1000-year periods of history.
  13. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  14. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  15. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomer_Pyle From a niche in the church of St Giles...
  16. And do what instead? ‘Waiting’ is after all somewhat the same as ‘nothing.’ Is it not?
  17. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole
  18. Thank you. I had been completely out to lunch on how dangerous this new legislation is. Now watching closely how EFF et. al may fight back, & with what success
  19. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    This is pretty amazing. I spent a semester plowing through all of Milton under his guidance. Fucking astounding mind. First person (besides my parents) who really started to show me how to think. https://www.pbs.org/video/nc-bookwatch-reynolds-price-serious-way-wondering/
  20. Your careful thoughtfulness about these issues and their numerous contexts are very valuable in having an informed think about these certainly alarming developments in the body politic. But I don’t understand how under-age vs of-age, and trafficked vs voluntary, are ‘arbitrary’ binary gradients. I do agree that political, and voter, sentiment are today going crazy, dangerously so, over these things.
  21. Very interesting. The Best Way to Deal With Russia: Wait for It to Implode https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/08/03/russia-separatism-vladimir-putin-227498
  22. I don’t mean to play games. This forum posts about paid encounters with of-age consenting providers. Not underage and/or trafficked victims. So I don’t see the comparison.
  23. Fully agree. Father was an actor, Keifer is just some kind of self-puppet manipulator.
  24. You may observe from public stats that I am the most prolific poster here. My personal preference is for DISorder. I think that is a generic of the individuals who post here. Do look over the 13 years of highly substantive content posted here, & then share your thoughts.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.