Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
Model Found Guilty Of Murdering His Wealthy Boyfriend
hitoall, I keep saying: you just have to learn to put up with 3-ways. That way, you can have it all. (Well, 4- or 5-ways, if you want me included. )
-
Kate is pregnant
So another useless hanger-on-in-waiting. Although in truth one respects Wills, Harry & Cate for all trying to shed that role, in what ways are permitted to them.
- Washer dryer combo LG Tromm
-
Justin Bieber
BECAUSE HE WOULD LIKE IT! don't you ever get any of the human equations? Einstein did, and he was a right royal bastard to his wives. Yet he was a pretty magnificent person. Get with the Long Clock (qv).
-
Banks Banks Banks...
You are aware of my consulting rates...?!
-
Rosa Parks redux
WHOOPS! Try this (tho the other is not too bad either): http://m.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/07/new-rosa-parks-essay-reveals-harrowing-near-rape/40583/
-
Rational Rove?!
Exactly why it is so remarkable. Granted his remarks are 98.7% snake oil. But if that is his calculus of what it takes to slip them down his own party's craw, then...sumpn new may be a-glomming. Nein?! (Many relevant out-takes from Speer's Inside the Third Reich here omitted.)
-
Why Don't Our Devices Trust Us?
Thanks. Is Verizon your carrier, or another?
-
Rational Rove?!
Is Karl finally fed up with fighting the unwinnable war? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/11/30/karl-rove-american-crossroads_n_2218080.html?icid=hp_politics_art_nxt Much of what he says here is double talk, to be sure. But then he would know better than anyone else that this is the only way to get up his own party's backside and begin to fix some of the many things that ail them.
-
Rosa Parks redux
Gripping piece re-presenting Rosa Parks as much more of an activist firebrand than the usual depictions: http://smuttystuff.mexcam.mx/2012/11/30/sex-in-the-straw/zz67f88t439g4/
-
Banks Banks Banks...
If you can tell it without compromising your case, how did the bank wrong you?
-
Why Don't Our Devices Trust Us?
I generally dislike product insurance oversells, but the Asurion insurance plan available with my Verizon Wireless contract seems a good deal. For like $15/month, plus a $165 charge if you actually make a claim, they replace the device overnight, no quibbles. This past January I let my iPhone get stolen -- twice in one month! -- so the plan much more than paid for itself.
-
Cost of Living in Brazil, Thailand, Europe and etc
This will be only marginally helpful, but for what it's worth: My ex's sister-in-law is from Porto Alegre. I, being the idiot I am, never went there to visit. But from her husband's accounts, you do need to pick up at least some pidgin Portuguese to be able to shop and get around. And it is practically to the Antarctic circle -- travel from North America involves flying to one of the big cities there, then one if not two more hops to PA itself. Quality of life, cost of living and value given, though, seem really good, from what I could tell at second hand. And if bucolic countryside escapes hold any appeal, they are right at hand. Her siblings lived downtown while her parents ran a farm, dairy I think, some 40 miles inland in what her husband described as an unspoiled natural paradise.
-
Guess who's coming to dinner. . .
...still waiting!
-
Guess who's coming to dinner. . .
Same thing.
-
Guess who's coming to dinner. . .
Once I figure out what to do with that priceless quip, u will be the first to know.
-
Banks Banks Banks...
You know too that the system is rigged: if you don't hire an attorney, the court won't take you seriously. If you do hire an attorney, he/she will charge fees that eat up your potential gains. Unless you have such a compelling case that they will take it on contingency. If yes, go for it! If not, don't waste your mortal span.
-
November and December are DeLurker Months at Boytoy.com!
Whoa! So the dowry described a dumpy lil apt in Raleigh, and now you disclose Tara? Worse than the divorce fight with my ex!
-
The Best Fox News Interview EVER - I don't think they expected this
I do. Good gracious. People so particular. The things I could tell you bout Hito's cute little fanny...even if only from visual inspection at range of 1.5 metres.
-
The Best Fox News Interview EVER - I don't think they expected this
Mm hm. Think you're right. That is to say, I think his thoughts there are a little hateful. Or a lot. Most insulting piece of it may be how throwaway he treats all of it. In lecture, as in his writings, he could get borne aloft on his eloquence and lose sight of the object. Getting supercilious and superficial in the going. ...A failing which, it occurs to add, I never ever observed in either of my beloved Bloom or Price. Certainly they were both full of themselves, as are we not all, but their hounds' noses never deviated from whatever scent they were following in that day's lesson. Nor from a whole trench of deep moral truths they held. Eco by contrast was studiedly superficial in that dimension. This line of pondering is useful in thinnin' thru what is truly valuable pedagogy, vs. just public mental masturbation.
-
The Best Fox News Interview EVER - I don't think they expected this
I did see that. Still trying to puzzle out whether it's wise, hateful, both, or something else yet. Got any ideas? (Quoth Sully, seconds before splashdown.)
-
The Best Fox News Interview EVER - I don't think they expected this
OK, understood. I don't thInk he has ever said or written much of interest about homosexuality. (If I've overlooked anything here, eager to be corrected & educated. Mein kommandant!) He is after all an (1) Italian (2) semiotician, not a (1) French (2) deconstructionist. (Speaking personally here as one who was just a bit too late to the game to give head to, or receive it from, Foucault. ) (We will not speak of Derrida.) (And I alas lacked the Ingre-esque curves that attracted my revered Harold Bloom to my classmate Naomi Wolf. About whom the phrase 'lack of candlepower' was deliciously applied in private by another prof there, my undergrad senior thesis advisor J.D. McClatchy, one of the most deliciously catty & vicious & accurate gay bitches it was ever my privilege to study under. Or occasionally alongside, sandwiched betwixt he and his bf the poet Alfred Corn (his real name, yes!) ...Ah, the early 1980s. Life was sweet.) As for the bride in white dress, you remain way ahead of me. Maybe the answer lies somewhere out there on the Internets. My quick lazy scan of my recall of Eco's writings comes up empty on this.
-
Google steps into the Cloud Storage Business: Watch out Dropbox, Box.com, etc
My most valuable business asset is my customer and prospect list. I entrust that to salesforce.com with religious conviction. F500 companies now use salesforce.com, and if the company screws up one time, its credibility and future are shot. They invest countless $$$ in multiply redundant data centers, secure database partitioning, etc., etc., etc. How could I ever believe that my laptop and memory sticks and local backup devices hold any candle to the industrial-strength infrastructure that salesforce has built?
-
The Best Fox News Interview EVER - I don't think they expected this
I must confess I don't understand one word of this. Is there a thought in particular that you're trying to articulate?
-
List three things you are thankful for....
There we go! ...now if we can add kev to the mix! You know, you and marc have been telling me this for 10 years. Don't know where my mind has been all that time.