Everything posted by MsGuy
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
- The GAY Ebola Face Mask
I also am confident a virus of this type can be contained but not, perhaps, with the ease the CDC projects. Remember all their prior experience is based on incidents occurring in isolated bush villages in Central Africa, not on its transmission patterns in the much more densely populated territory in West Africa. One of the reasons Western governments have been so slow to react is the the CDC and the UN health bureaucrats were advising them that the epidemic would burn itself out the same way it always has before. I do question the integrity of the CDC. Right now I'm not projecting anything, I'm asking questions and trying to reason things through. At present I don't have enough solid information to come to any solid conclusions. LOL, give me a break, man, it took me almost a year to figure out HIV; I've only been working on this one for a day or two. It does occur to me that AIDS is also spread exclusively through contact with bodily fluids and that hasn't stopped it from spreading all over the place.- The GAY Ebola Face Mask
LOL, I just thought of the comparison less than an hour ago. Scientific American hasn't even completed the peer review process on my article yet. See my post above (#8) for the value of reasoning these things out on your own and not necessarily buying all the agit-prop coming out of Atlanta. If anyone is interested I'll walk you through how I figured out what was happening in the early years of the AIDS epidemic. It's really pretty simple, which is what pisses me off the most. I'll never forgive the bastards at CDC for their cowardice.- The GAY Ebola Face Mask
The CDC has now updated its definition of 'symptomatic' to include 99.5 degree fever (> 1 degree of fever). Revised after their fiasco in advising an ebola infected nurse it was fine to continue her jaunt through various airports. When reading CDC advisories, one should consider that they are doing their best to quiet down an incipient panic here in America. They tend to try to find ways to minimize the dangers. Unlike HIV, sweat and saliva are also probable vectors for the virus. Think on that one for awhile. Also ask yourself how strong the clinical evidence is that the hosts aren't infective until they're 'symptomatic'. How is the CDC so certain of this? Remember this is the same CDC that waited 2 years to advise folks that 95% + of the HIV infections in the US were from unprotected butt sex. By two years, I mean two years after I, a complete layman, deduced the cause and transmission vector from information readily in the newspapers and the like. Think of the tens of thousands of guys who died because of that delay. Never forget the CDC is a federal bureaucracy subject to 'guidance' from above, not some ivory tower bunch worshiping at the altar of truth.- The GAY Ebola Face Mask
Hmm...it just occurred to me that the ebola virus is transmitted in semen. What other virus do we know that uses that pathway? No joke, just think about it. One cute infected Lufhansa pilot hops off his airliner in New York and spends the weekend clubbing. Likes receiving oral, doesn't like rubbers. Can't recall the names of the 8 or 10 or 12 guys who blew him (or the ones in London the week before or the however many in LA 4 days later.). Good luck rounding that bunch up for quarantine. Yeah, deal with that.- I Always KNEW Who I Was..........
Just count yourself lucky AS doesn't like his oysters dripping with hot red sauce.- Postcards from Sardinia - A Developing Collection...
Yeah, that does seem the most likely explanation.- Postcards from Sardinia - A Developing Collection...
The revived thread reads last to first. Is this an artifact of the newly revised and improved (?) software Oz has been touting? One more proof that change is bad. (sigh)- 'Pope Francis' Machiavellian strategy to liberalize the Catholic Church'
Not just Popular Science. They used to run ads like this one in Amazing Stories, the SF mag. I often wondered what the hell they were (but I wasn't about to waste a stamp on them).- 'Pope Francis' Machiavellian strategy to liberalize the Catholic Church'
So we should be on the alert for a Battle Royale between the Jesuits, the Vatican cardinals and Opus Dei for control of the Church? The fools! Only the Rosicrucians will ultimately profit from such a conflict.- Top 10 hourly hotels in New York City
So which do you reccommend? Any personal tidbits to add?- 'Pope Francis' Machiavellian strategy to liberalize the Catholic Church'
Alternatively, Pope Francis wants to refocus the Church on Mathew 25:40 and away from St. Paul's obsession with sexuality.- Fangate (File Under "Only in America"
Just when you thought American politics couldn't get any more ridiculous, along comes fangate. At the start of their televised debate, it seems that Gov. Scott threw a 7 minute hissy fit over the presence of a fan under former Gov. Christ's podium. After he sulked backstage for what must have seemed like an eternity of airtime, somebody sane in the Florida Gov.'s camp managed to push him out from behind the curtains. In all fairness to the Gov. it should be said that Christ has some kind of phobia about sweating and Scott had stipulated in the debate agreement that no fans would be allowed. I guess he had been counting on hot stage lighting keeping Christ rattled during the debate. Christ's fan, a portable Vornado Ait Circulator, has maintained a discreet silence about how it sneaked on stage. (It has its own twitter account, so maybe it will make a statement for the record later.)- 'Neil Patrick Harris tells of the struggle to come to terms with his sexuality - and how a lip lock with Burt Reynolds convinced him he was gay'
AS, when Hito gets back from where ever, you better lock him in the basement. Otherwise he's gonna get his ass in big trouble trying to kidnap those kids.- The female pioneers of the technological age
Alice, London's first mechanically assisted whore, awaits the boiler to build operational pressure.- Intellisult
"Ms. Guy is an unequivocally myopic pervert and a petty congenitally clueless mass of neuroses and pathologies." Hmm...they might be on to something there.- Fart Filtering Underwear
Thoughts On the Utter Unpredictability of Life Under the great arc of heaven, with all the diverse drama of the universe above us and all the particularity of this amazing world around us to capture our attention, who could have foreseen that a simple thread on Fart Filtering Underwear would have lasted so long or have accumulated so many posts.- Where Art Thou hito ??????
Let's Organize a Fanfare and Parade for Hito!- Kseniya Simonova - Sand Animation
So cool.- More than 100,000 want to go to Mars and not return, project says
Seeing as there was an 80% death rate for the first two years at Jamestown and maybe 50% or so for the first 10 or 15 years, maybe it's not so surprising you can recruit folks to go damn near anywhere.- for my friends who "pay the rent"
I get a 404 error from your link, Townsend.- Boytoy God - Adam Smith
WHAT?? Draker is the legendary IceFireWizard? If I had known that I would have been more respectful.- Boytoy God - Adam Smith
OK, Sucky, you've lured Draker out into the open. Time to take your best shot.- Leon Panetta boiled down Democrats’ criticism of Barack Obama to one sentence
If I remember right (not always something I would bet on), the GM bailout will wind up costing the Feds 10 to 15 billion at the most which sum has likely already been largely offset by additional taxes paid by the supply chain and dealerships. Chump change on the scale these sorts of thing are measured on.- Boytoy God - Adam Smith
Excuse me, darling, but I'm forgetting your name again. - The GAY Ebola Face Mask