March 13, 200818 yr I heard a news item on NPR today about the new gussied-up new bill. In the course of delivering the item, the guy actually used the word "fin". It activated my nostalgia and made me regret the passing of that term from common usage, along with: sawbuck, double sawbuck and century note, not to say simoleon.
March 14, 200818 yr Active Members Yeah, too bad it's butt-ugly! I kinda liked the previous ones, but this one, front and back is fugly.
March 14, 200818 yr Yeah, too bad it's butt-ugly! I kinda liked the previous ones, but this one, front and back is fugly. Just wait a little while and it'll be different again. An acquaintance in the Secret Service says their biggest mission by far these days is fighting international counterfeiting of US currency. Thus the elaborate new doodads on and in our paper money, and the stepped-up frequency of changes to the designs.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.