Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best of Gay Bulgaria?

Featured Replies

Best of Gay Bulgaria?

Which Sofia, Bulgarian gay bar/club do you recommend for a first-time visitor to the city? I am there for a whole week, and I'd like to check out the venues, with young cute Bulgarians, with friendly people, and hopefully decent music? Does it exist?

Also, which places are best on Fridays? Saturdays? Sundays? Are there special nights (with free passes/drink specials) on weeknights (like Wednesday, for example)?

Please don't include any escort bars/bear/leather/or sex clubs, thanks for your information.

By the way, has anyone been to Caligula (the gay bar in Plovdiv)?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Active Members
I've heard that Bulgaria is not very gay friendly.

Nor Romania I suspect, or Serbia, Croatia... Something about that part of the world that seems just a little tight-assed about diversity things.

  • 3 weeks later...
Best of Gay Bulgaria?

Which Sofia, Bulgarian gay bar/club do you recommend for a first-time visitor to the city? I am there for a whole week, and I'd like to check out the venues, with young cute Bulgarians, with friendly people, and hopefully decent music? Does it exist?

Also, which places are best on Fridays? Saturdays? Sundays? Are there special nights (with free passes/drink specials) on weeknights (like Wednesday, for example)?

Please don't include any escort bars/bear/leather/or sex clubs, thanks for your information.

By the way, has anyone been to Caligula (the gay bar in Plovdiv)?

Have you checked www.gay.bg (ex bulGAYria.com) ...

You can get a complete list of their bars and clubs at the following link http://www.gay.bg/guidesofia.php

I wasn't really interested in the gay scene when I was visiting there.

My personal preference was the Rila Monastery, a must see if you find yourself in Sofia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rila_Monastery

Cheers,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.