May 9, 201115 yr Active Members A headline in today's New York Times: Justice Dept. to Continue Policy Against Same-Sex Marriage
May 10, 201115 yr No surprise. Obama said during the campaign that he was pro civil unions and against same sex marriage.
May 11, 201115 yr Does anyone here listen to This American Life? A short bit ago they had a really fascinating story about the Freedom Riders. And they were talking about how lots of people - including big wigs in the civil rights movement - thought the timing was wrong, or that they should maybe not do it for such a sustained time, and lots of other things. It reminded me of what a lot of people think about gay rights - and, sometimes, I'll admit, how I feel too. But after I heard what the Freedom Riders did, I got all jazzed all over again to just keep pushing it until it gets done.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.