Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES movie review.

Featured Replies

  • Active Members

I went from zero interest in this movie to thinking it's probably the best of the summer! And people who grew up with the originals or were fans got even more out of it.

The originals came out a bit early for me and the premise seemed pretty hokey so I never bothered. Until several years ago when I saw that Tim Burton abomination which I'd figured put me off the franchise forever. But I kept seeing good reviews and a friend wanted to see this--and there's nothing else out I wanted to see, so I caved.

Man I was glad I did. Other than the one note sniveling that seems to be "Drako Malfoy's" whole range the movie was well acted ("Rodney McKay" is also typecast but also does his usual good job) and very well written. The VFX weren't quite perfect but what was in the trailers is the worst of it, the apes don't live in the uncanny valley for the most part and the animation is very emotive (the actor who played Gollum plays Caesar).

The way things come about and it fits into the lore is *much* less hokey than I thought possible.

I loved this movie. It was far better than all of the other Ape movies combined.

I will add the 3rd So.Cal. vote for the movie, definitely entertaining!

  • Active Members

If Tomcal, EXPAT & JKane all liked the damned thing, I'm going to grit my teeth and give it a chance. It's difficult to imagine an interesting Planet of the Apes flic but, for 8 bucks, I'll take a chance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.