Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Amazon Book Reviews

Featured Replies

I can't trust some of the five star amazon book reviews after reading those books myself. I've heard there are companies who provide reputation monitoring service. Basically, they search the internet anything about their client and if there is anything unfavorable to their client then they find a way to get rid of it. Writing favorable reviews for books, hotels, businesses seem to be one of their jobs these days. The internet, an innovation that helped so much people is now being manipulated in a way that prevents innovation. Well that happens all the time..

  • Active Members

Many review sites will remove bad reviews at the request of the advertiser. I hadn't noticed this with Amazon, as they seem to have many bad reviews on books that stay up.

Yelp is known for taking away bad reviews when the company buys ads.

But why aren't they reported in the news or programs like 60 minutes. I want to know how they operate if this is really going on and they are getting paid for it.

It's fairly well known in the online marketing industry that if you buy enough ads companies will remove bad reviews. This is even the case with the Better Business Bureau which will remove bad reports to their site and improve the company's rating for a fee (this has been reported on extensively.)

Also common are paid reviews. In general a company will pay a guy $2 per positive review he posts. It takes just a couple minutes to post a positive review, so if you have multiple email addresses you can use for Amazon reviewing you can make really good money posting positive reviews.

The same is true for testimonials on most websites - though people are usually paid roughly $50 per fake testimonial ($100 if they can find a photo of a "real" person to go with it.)

  • Active Members

The same is true for testimonials on most websites - though people are usually paid roughly $50 per fake testimonial ($100 if they can find a photo of a "real" person to go with it.)

I have a couple of shoe boxes full of family photos I inherited from my mother. Is there a website or something where I can sign up for this? :drool:

Or is this just another one of those "work at home, earn millions" scams? I'm still waiting on my check for all those envelopes I stuffed. :(

MsGuy sorry I have the check... I couldn't resist a new pair of shoes so I bought them as a Christmas present from you. Big kisses.^_^ Just kidding. I hope you can get your check.

I have a couple of shoe boxes full of family photos I inherited from my mother. Is there a website or something where I can sign up for this? :drool:

Or is this just another one of those "work at home, earn millions" scams? I'm still waiting on my check for all those envelopes I stuffed. :(

  • Active Members

I have read elsewhere that they get paid $5 a review. People like Harriet Klausner, who posts multiple times a week. I wrote her once and she insisted that a) she is a real person, and (letter after a*) she does read the books she reviews. Hard to believe the latter. Her reviews mainly summarize the plot.

Try typing the letter B followed by a parenthesis. Okay,

here is what it comes out: B)

Ha! I thought I was the only person who actually emailed these reviewers. One reviewer got mad at me and it was not funny :(

Ah ha thought you were so familiar BBB... What's your screen name there at amazon? Lol ^_^

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.