Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorgeous video of Rio

Featured Replies

  • Active Members



Tilt-shift is where you shoot real life (usually time lapse to add to the effect) with an odd lens, makes it all look like miniature.

This video seems especially good, those that've had the pleasure, what do you think?
  • Author
  • Active Members

Wow, that's the closest I've come to watching Carnival, even in pseudo-miniture I had no idea exactly how vast it is!

And the variety! Transforming robots, Star Wars, Avatar!

Wow!

That's a beautiful video. If that isn't used for tourism, I don't know what would be.

Great video.. love the panorama of the city that it provides. Never having been to Carnival, it does give you a great impression of just how SPLENDID it must be. I never realized just how intricate the parades/floats are. Definitely makes me anxious for my return visit to Rio which appears to be going to happen in June of this year.

Great video! I took a screen shot at 27 sec. into it and put a arrow where the military base restaurant is at the base where u catch the cable car ride to sugarloaf. Few tourists of the many thousands that take the cable ride to the top each week realize you can go on the base and eat at the restuarant(there are no signs) it has incredible views of the bay and sugarloaf and is the closest to the water of any restaurant!

The footage of the carnival really made this a treat to watch.

I don't know if this happened during carnival but back in '85 Queen played at Rock In Rio where 300,000 fans stood in the rain to watch their show. I've always been fascinated by Rio maybe I need to get serious about a visit ^_^

  • Active Members

Interesting technique trick. However, not the real thing. But hardly a gorgeous video of Rio. The opening credits of Boss Nova by Bruno Barreto are still tops for me. Even living here, they still give me goose bumps.

At the three minute mark and also towards the end, the samba school is my favorite, and this year's champion: Unidos Da Tijuca.

I had a friend visiting for the past month and I needed to escort them up to the top of Corcovado for this first time since 2008. It is still an unbeatable vista with everything, except for the Zona Oeste, down below you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.