Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Radcliffe as Allen Ginsberg

Featured Replies

Here he is in New York on the set of "Kill Your Darlings" in costume with his hair curled as Allen Ginsberg. James Franco, of course, was the last to play Ginsberg in Howl. I loved him in that film. He was so... restrained. Like the Artist decided to remove himself from the actor’s ass, allowing for a subtle, nuanced performance. Also, Franco as Ginsberg was required to be clean-cut and good-looking instead.

Anyway, like Howl, "Kill Your Darlings" is also an independent film. This time the story is about Radcliffe’s Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, and William Burroughs brought together by a murder in 1944. Speaking of killing your darlings, I wonder what Faulkner would have said about fan fiction.

post-105999-068587600 1332209804.jpg

Thank you for this news! Look forward to seeing how he does with it. Bunch more nice stills here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2117102/Daniel-Radcliffe-channels-inner-geek-new-role-Beat-poet-Allen-Ginsberg.html

Wonder who is playing Burroughs? One of my favorite writers. In college, wolfed down Naked Lunch in one sitting.

Another photo from the movie shoot. He's adorable in this role. . .

post-105999-024346400 1332436988.png

  • 10 months later...

The biggest concern with casting Daniel Radcliffe as Allen Ginsberg wasn't that the actor wasn't gay, it was that he wasn't Jewish. Then the director's boyfriend set him straight. "Of course he's Jewish--everyone in the world knows that. Didn't you see the shots from Equus? He's only British from the waist up."

Thank you for this news! Look forward to seeing how he does with it. Bunch more nice stills here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2117102/Daniel-Radcliffe-channels-inner-geek-new-role-Beat-poet-Allen-Ginsberg.html

Wonder who is playing Burroughs? One of my favorite writers. In college, wolfed down Naked Lunch in one sitting.

The image of "wolfing down" Naked Lunch is disturbing to me. I don't think I am especially prudish, but I found it one of the most unpleasant books I have ever attempted to read, and about halfway through I abandoned it in disgust.

The image of "wolfing down" Naked Lunch is disturbing to me. I don't think I am especially prudish, but I found it one of the most unpleasant books I have ever attempted to read, and about halfway through I abandoned it in disgust.

I am trying to find language in which to agree with you while saying I love every one of his words.

You knew Burroughs, Ginsberg and Arthur Clarke were good friends at the Chelsea while ACC was writing 2001.

The image of "wolfing down" Naked Lunch is disturbing to me. I don't think I am especially prudish, but I found it one of the most unpleasant books I have ever attempted to read, and about halfway through I abandoned it in disgust.

I totally agree!

I am trying to find language in which to agree with you while saying I love every one of his words.

You knew Burroughs, Ginsberg and Arthur Clarke were good friends at the Chelsea while ACC was writing 2001.

I knew Burroughs and Ginsberg were friends, but I was not aware of the Clarke connection.

  • 6 months later...

Kill Your Darlings director John Krokidas says that he forbid manscaping for Daniel Radcliffe for the movie, because men of that era weren’t plucked and trimmed, nor were they buff like we see today. He also takes pride in the gay sex scene, which he finds realistic, as opposed to Brokeback Mountain.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Active Members

Saw the movie over the weekend, quite liked it. The actor playing Lucien is very hot indeed, and Radcliffe is excellent as well, all the longing looks. Sex scene could've been longer.

Interesting look into that period, made me wish my crappy American education had included more literature.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.