August 5, 201214 yr This is NASA back to being at its finest. The sometimes under-sung Jet Propulsion Laboratory too. http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/04/us/mars-rover-scott-maxwell/index.html?c=weekend-homepage-t
August 5, 201214 yr Active Members I know that I am going to do everything I can to make it a successful landing!
August 5, 201214 yr I was thinking there might be some cute Martian twinks .... So I decided to use my winning prize funds to purchase a ad on the Rover
August 5, 201214 yr Active Members Those in Southern California should keep their eyes open for when JPL does their open house, I think it was just a couple months ago for this year. Often over-crowded and lots of kids (great place to take nieces/nephews whatever) but still quite interesting. Even better sometimes can be when people from JPL speak at other events. I heard a presentation on what Cassini had accomplished at a Sci-Fi convention that blew my mind several years ago. There's also something awesome-sounding going on in Pasadena this weekend...
August 5, 201214 yr It would be nice if they could advance a camera on the surface to watch it land. But I guess Stephen Spielberg doesn't have a camera crew on Mars yet. . .
August 5, 201214 yr Active Members This just in, amazing photo of Milky Way from just above the SURFACE OF MARS! .
August 7, 201214 yr Here is the first official picture from Mars. Something tells me that Oz will like this one (or maybe not). . .
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.